Things that make you frown :(

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Give him a break, he may have never needed to use a mouse. He could wind up being a star!

Who plugs in a mouse anymore? Maybe he's only everused wifi?

did i forget to mention the flip phone and his question on how to connect to his home wifi?

JerseyPete

did i forget to mention the flip phone and his question on how to connect to his home wifi?
Is he the old relative of the CEO and the person that you have to train to be your boss??
Hell, I will be 60 next month and even I have a smart phone and BT mouse. This guy must be really old.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is he the old relative of the CEO and the person that you have to train to be your boss??
Hell, I will be 60 next month and even I have a smart phone and BT mouse. This guy must be really old.

apparently he has a lot of copy editing/editorial experience. i just don't think he's ever had to set up anything "technical"... i have a feeling he's used to going into an office and someone's already set his stuff up for him.

and luckily no... not my boss... one of the other copy editors will become my "supervisor" but in reality all that guy has to do is coordinate and approve my vacation requests... and cover for me when i'm out (hence the training). new guy is strictly copy editing.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's not the mouse, it's the computer (if it doesn't have a built in BT you need a BT dongle).

please find me a laptop made in the last decade that doesnt have bt built into it? my last full blown laptop purchase for myself in 2008 had bluetooth built into the wifi card. . . . . (and only govt would disable bluetooth on its users)

serviceguy

please find me a laptop made in the last decade that doesnt have bt built into it? my last full blown laptop purchase for myself in 2008 had bluetooth built into the wifi card. . . . . (and only govt would disable bluetooth on its users)
Sure, but I was referring to your post, it's not the mouse, it's the computer (requiring a dongle to connect to a BT mouse).

Johnny Utah

Best thing I have done for my personal life

Think about this, I had to use another phone to take this photo😂. Generally the iPhones stay at home if I am not in the clock or taking pictures for the BIYF.

It took several weeks for it to kick in that 99% of the stuff on an iPhone is not needed or is something I can wait until I am at phone for. It made my time away from work much better.

90% of none work use on an iPhone is becoming someone else’s entertainment or paycheck.

I decided to take my time back.

D64C72A9-E144-40C3-ACEC-91AF336EE3AC.jpegD0D0137F-E673-4098-99C3-D983CABC91CA.jpeg

ekuhn

Best thing I have done for my personal life

Think about this, I had to use another phone to take this photo😂. Generally the iPhones stay at home if I am not in the clock or taking pictures for the BIYF.

It took several weeks for it to kick in that 99% of the stuff on an iPhone is not needed or is something I can wait until I am at phone for. It made my time away from work much better.

90% of none work use on an iPhone is becoming someone else’s entertainment or paycheck.

I decided to take my time back.

View attachment 203968View attachment 203969
All the guys I know with flip phones are telling me they are no longer supported at VZW and are being forced to upgrade.

Johnny Utah

All the guys I know with flip phones are telling me they are no longer supported at VZW and are being forced to upgrade.
Mine is through Verizon, I got it during COVID as I was handing out the government $ any my phone never stopped - all hours of the night.

When I went to the Verizon store I had to really push it on them that I wanted it. It was a ten minute conversation.

I think it is $48 or so a month, ten people have the number. When I want to be in my own world it is pretty sweet.

I would have gone to nothing, but when my old man was battling cancer I wanted to have a phone just in case something happened.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mouses or mice?
Mouses.

And many Bluetooth mouses (fuck it, mice) come with a USB receiver so you can use them on devices that don't have bluetooth, or just plain easier setup in some cases.

And it blew my mind recently when I bought a really nice ergonomic keyboard/mouse/numerical-keypad combination made by Microsoft that isn't Bluetooth but came with a USB dongle. And requires AA/AAA batteries.

So worth it however.

Top Bottom