Things that make you frown :(

Starter shit the bed on my truck so I have to use my daughter's old POS that we luckily haven't junked just yet until the new one comes in.

Without going into too much detail (some of which I don't even know TBH), my supervisor was let go yesterday after lunch and now we're dealing with the fallout of scrambling to figure certain shit out.

I have a meeting with the editor in chief Friday to discuss a few things, but I want to make it clear that I am NOT my supervisor and do not want her responsibilities. I will cover a few things we need to take care of in production, but all the other stuff needs to be handled by someone else.

I am also extremely annoyed that certain information I should have already known (and which I asked for) was never given to me and now this shit is falling in my lap... And now I'm sending out emails that sound like this "I'm really sorry but I don't know XYZ, can you help me?"

They even offered to fly me back to NJ to deal with stuff on my first full day in my new home in NC.

On the good side tho, I always thought I should be reporting more directly to the editor in chief and now I am (at least temporarily)... This will also show the company how valuable I am.

It's always pleasant when a $9k roof replacement jumps to $15k because the tongue and groove deck has more gaps than a 5th grade wood shop project and needs an overlay just to get a decent nailing surface. I went up there when he told me and he's not wrong, I was just hoping that it was better than the outbuilding deck I had to overlay a few years ago but no such luck. I'm just not used to the sticker shock that goes along with hiring someone to do a job that I used to do myself.

Since bad things always come in threes, our planner put in her 2 weeks notice and my only tech 2 was given the job yesterday. I'm super happy for her because she was looking to move to that position but that leaves myself, a recently promoted tech 3, and a trainee that doesn't know a wrench from a hammer to keep an entire Amazon crossdock running during peak season. We're supposed to have a total of 6 technicians on the floor. I haven't had time for barely a 5 minute break for any of the 12 (supposed to be 10) hour shifts in the past 2 weeks, looks like it'll get even more fun.

Maybe things will make a turn for the better now but I won't be holding my breath.

It's always pleasant when a $9k roof replacement jumps to $15k because the tongue and groove deck has more gaps than a 5th grade wood shop project and needs an overlay just to get a decent nailing surface. I went up there when he told me and he's not wrong, I was just hoping that it was better than the outbuilding deck I had to overlay a few years ago but no such luck. I'm just not used to the sticker shock that goes along with hiring someone to do a job that I used to do myself.
Yep, don't get me started on roofing...
Since bad things always come in threes, our planner put in her 2 weeks notice and my only tech 2 was given the job yesterday. I'm super happy for her because she was looking to move to that position but that leaves myself, a recently promoted tech 3, and a trainee that doesn't know a wrench from a hammer to keep an entire Amazon crossdock running during peak season. We're supposed to have a total of 6 technicians on the floor. I haven't had time for barely a 5 minute break for any of the 12 (supposed to be 10) hour shifts in the past 2 weeks, looks like it'll get even more fun.

Maybe things will make a turn for the better now but I won't be holding my breath.
Yep, don't get me started on understaffed departments...

Without going into too much detail (some of which I don't even know TBH), my supervisor was let go yesterday after lunch and now we're dealing with the fallout of scrambling to figure certain shit out.

I have a meeting with the editor in chief Friday to discuss a few things, but I want to make it clear that I am NOT my supervisor and do not want her responsibilities. I will cover a few things we need to take care of in production, but all the other stuff needs to be handled by someone else.

I am also extremely annoyed that certain information I should have already known (and which I asked for) was never given to me and now this shit is falling in my lap... And now I'm sending out emails that sound like this "I'm really sorry but I don't know XYZ, can you help me?"

They even offered to fly me back to NJ to deal with stuff on my first full day in my new home in NC.

On the good side tho, I always thought I should be reporting more directly to the editor in chief and now I am (at least temporarily)... This will also show the company how valuable I am.
"fly me back to NJ to deal with stuff" priceless

Riding a non sanctioned trail in Wawayanda for a mile and coming to a sign saying "Private Property Ahead".
This trail comes off another major trail in the park and heads North, but then ends at private property which
is only a 100 x 100 piece of land along a public road. Yes there is a house on it and a driveway. But it stinks to
have to end like this. If I could continue over the 100 ft piece of private property I could continue my ride on
park and public land for many more miles. The land owner is serious though, with many no trespassing and
private property signs. Too bad there isn't a narrow access piece of land to get through, like many other spots
in the park . :mad:

Riding a non sanctioned trail in Wawayanda for a mile and coming to a sign saying "Private Property Ahead".
This trail comes off another major trail in the park and heads North, but then ends at private property which
is only a 100 x 100 piece of land along a public road. Yes there is a house on it and a driveway. But it stinks to
have to end like this. If I could continue over the 100 ft piece of private property I could continue my ride on
park and public land for many more miles. The land owner is serious though, with many no trespassing and
private property signs. Too bad there isn't a narrow access piece of land to get through, like many other spots
in the park . :mad:

Easy for a bystander to say, but stop by with a box of donuts/pie and introduce yourself?

Back
Top Bottom