The Round Up at Round Valley - 11/24

well id like to come to this ride, but im not sure exactly what is going on here. im kinda newb so i probably wouldnt be doing any racing, but coming out to meet some people and check out round valley sounds cool

Can't commit 100% but it sounds like fun. I'll race if there are other beginners! :) If not I'd like to check out the area, help out and go for a ride......... so either way it's win-win. Will let you know closer to the day. Thanks for organizing Norm!

In

As far as showing up, I'm there 100 percent. I just got the babysitting confirmation. Hell, I still feel bad about missing the ride with Maurice and Nelson. No way I'm missing team events in the future. Nope. Well, I won't risk racing with my hand injuries however I'll bring the bike and feel it out. Maybe a hill climb or two. In appreciation for all the hard work that Norm, Shaggz and Jake put into this site and team and the generousity of our sponsors I will be bringing delicious Great Wazu sandwiches to the event. Just gimmie a pm with a head count later in the week normski........peace

mmmmm....sandwiches.....mmmmmm

Well, I will be there for sure...bringing a friend. Not racing just support and cheering, mocking, yelling, taking pictures....all of the responsibilites of a fan....

I'll be there, ready to ride. But only cause the Great Wazu is bringing sandwiches :p . Thanks, Ger!

In. Is the start time 12:00?

9:00.

Right now it looks like Sean and Ryan are the only 2 in, 3 if 9:00 isn't too early for Mike. So we currently don't have the required 5 for this. Looks like we'll have a full set of bleachers though. If we don't get 5 we'll put it off for another day, or week, or month, or year.

Mare45 and MarcLewis will be there! Marc definitely plans to ride and I can be persuaded.

Right now it looks like Sean and Ryan are the only 2 in, 3 if 9:00 isn't too early for Mike. So we currently don't have the required 5 for this. Looks like we'll have a full set of bleachers though. If we don't get 5 we'll put it off for another day, or week, or month, or year.

Welcome back. How was it?

Just to keep it on topic, I can't make this.

I'm still in. I've got not geared rigs as they've all got issues and are in need of repair. So it's all SS baby!!!

I'll be there to ride too!
(I thought I posted that somewhere along the line). So you have 5, cause Mare45 is riding, she just doesn't know it yet :p

I'm in too. I was just keeping off the chatter, but I have the calendar marked and the schedule cleared. I'll be there at 9

dz

PS SS as well....

Forgive me if I missed details, but I just wanted to clarify...

First, will we be on our bikes, ready to go at 9:00? I can be there anytime, and am a big fan of the early start, so if people agree, should we meet in the parking lot a bit earlier to get ready and sort out all the stuff that will slow us down?

Is this on rain or shine?

Finally, I know I won't win, but if I did, I would not want to take anyones money. I would volunteer to help if I wasn't riding in this and will help out at virtually any event and would not want anything in return. I am suggesting we rethink charging a fee for this.

i'll be there for whatever i'm capable of doing. between la ruta last week, and getting a couple of wisdom teeth yanked yesterday(because la ruta didn't hurt enough??), i might be a bit recreational....

OK, cool, looks like it's on.

Forgive me if I missed details, but I just wanted to clarify...

First, will we be on our bikes, ready to go at 9:00? I can be there anytime, and am a big fan of the early start, so if people agree, should we meet in the parking lot a bit earlier to get ready and sort out all the stuff that will slow us down?

Is this on rain or shine?

Finally, I know I won't win, but if I did, I would not want to take anyones money. I would volunteer to help if I wasn't riding in this and will help out at virtually any event and would not want anything in return. I am suggesting we rethink charging a fee for this.

Yeah let's try to roll out by 9:00 because we're talking about 30-ish minutes to get into the park.

It's not a "rain or shine" event though it looks to be a clear, but cold, day.

There's no fee. The money issue is a decision the racers can make between themselves, if they so desire. But this isn't a real race just an "un-sanctioned training series race" to get together and have a good time in the colder weather.

Have not decided on 3 or 4 laps as the course yet. Still TBD. Depends on how long the event runs. It may be an "on the fly" decision. It's not going to be a normal H2H length race because we want to throw in some hill climbs and not make it an overly long day.

Really psyched for Saturday :) however:hmmm: ... Being that this isn't an official "team" event as I thought it was, you can definately count me out for racing. I'm not risking the spring over a good time while I'm healing. Total recreation for me kids. Might even hike if it's too cold to group bike (stop a lot). Also The Great Wazu won't be opened early enough to supply the subs! Not even close. Not RV on a Saturday by 8 am (when I'll show up). I'll supply some good eats to the next event that has more people showing up than this one. Ryan and me will bring some danish or something from the bakery though. Should be a freaking blast. I know Ryan's psyched too. Cyas!

Back
Top Bottom