The Round Up at Round Valley - 11/24

Just got in from visiting relatives in NC, (and riding in 60 degree weather all week long!) talked to DZM3 on the way up and he told me about this. Won't be getting much sleep but then again not planning on racing, but the wubbie and I should be there.

Ryan H... if you're still awake, this is your cousin Chris from PA. Hope to see you there finally! (of course if you don't know what I'm talking about I likely have the wrong Ryan H)

Sweet! That's me. I'll be there. I just threw the bike on the car and am heading out the door in a few. It's chilly out there. This should be interesting...

Beaten Bike

Yo Ry...Thought you'd like this picture. Too bad it only shows half the crack. I seriously don't think you had one ride left in this bike! Good times and see ya soon:D

oh crap!!!! today is like, today.... i screwed up. sorry for not making it. two weeks off and taking painkillers i didn't really need has sort of messed with my concept of time.

Yo Ry...Thought you'd like this picture. Too bad it only shows half the crack. I seriously don't think you had one ride left in this bike! Good times and see ya soon:D

Round Valley has the nasty habit of breaking bikes or people. I guess it's better the bike than the person.
BTW, great ride! I had a blast!!!:getsome:

Good ride yesterday, thanks all for coming out. It turned into a group ride since more people were there to watch than to race. I also learned that riding to the race site isn't such a good idea. As Wazu said, live and learn. My next event is going to be a time trial I think. Maybe Lewis Morris next weekend, we'll see.

Anyway, if I'm giving points for this I give everyone 10 points for showing up when it was 22 degrees out, and MarcLewis gets the only bonus point for cleaning the "puke hill" climb. Nobody cleaned the climb from the Trail Closed sign and the other side was just silly with the leaves.

Yup...may she rest in peace...:( It was a good 'ol trek 8000. I brought her home from the hospital in 1998 and she's been a reliable part of the family ever since. She put in many hours of community service and was a very integral part of the family. I will miss her so...

Round Valley has the nasty habit of breaking bikes or people. I guess it's better the bike than the person.
BTW, great ride! I had a blast!!!:getsome:

Yea that's why I was laughing so hard. I realized what could have happened. I did all those downhills especially the one where I was bombing tailing Marc on the fireroad next to the lake. Any one of those could have made the bike disintegrate. I am lucky fo sho!;)

Good ride yesterday, thanks all for coming out. It turned into a group ride since more people were there to watch than to race. I also learned that riding to the race site isn't such a good idea. As Wazu said, live and learn. My next event is going to be a time trial I think. Maybe Lewis Morris next weekend, we'll see.

Anyway, if I'm giving points for this I give everyone 10 points for showing up when it was 22 degrees out, and MarcLewis gets the only bonus point for cleaning the "puke hill" climb. Nobody cleaned the climb from the Trail Closed sign and the other side was just silly with the leaves.

It was a good day to get out and explore. It was chilly but a great group of people and a lot of fun. It was an expensive day for me but a great excuse to start shopping for bikes again.

The big question is, do I replace it with a 26'er or upgrade to a 29'er... It'll be way cheaper to replace the frame but I've always wanted a 29'er in my collection...

29er!!!

Sorry we left before you guys got back. I would'velet you try mine... Pretty sure that would've sealed the deal for you. ;)

It's been great fun. Good trying to keep up with everyone, especially Marc and Ryan.

dz

Sorry we left before you guys got back. I would'velet you try mine... Pretty sure that would've sealed the deal for you. ;)

Understand DZ is darn near fanatic about the whole 29er thing now. :)

Hey, you've seen how I used to ride... err... crash on the 26ers before... And now...

I think that says it all. :hmmm:

Who am I to argue!

dz

It's been great fun. Good trying to keep up with everyone, especially Marc and Ryan.

dz

That's ok. I was hoping you guys were still hanging around but I understand. It was definitely fun. I'm glad I wasn't the only sucker there on a SS. My roommate has a Fisher Rig which is pretty awesome to ride. Curious as to how the rigid feels. I'll try a couple out before I pick one up. You were doing quite well keeping up. You were getting up some stuff I couldn't make :)

So for the sake of completeness, if we do end up keeping an off-season tally of points for these things, the following people showed for this:

chemgirl
cmh (xc62701's cousin?)
cmh's friend?
dmc123
dzm3 (friend of Gus)
marclewis (hill climb stud)
mare45 (talker #1)
mwlikesbikes
neen (talker #2)
norm
ryane77
xc62701
rocknrollgirl (Gus)
rocknrollgirl's SIL (Ann?)

If I'm giving points I would give 10 to everyone for showing, then 3 for MarcLewis for cleaning 3 different difficult climbs ("puke" hill, then the climb from the phone booth, then the last climb out of the fire road which only he nailed). I would also give dzm3 a bonus point for cleaning the toughest part of the climb out from the phone booth with the SS, even though he had to clip out later up the hill. Also throw out 1 bonus point each for the SS guys (both ryan's and friend of Gus). I hate to not give mwlikesbikes a point because he was right there with us all day, good strong rider, so a bonus point for the shot block he gave me and offered everyone. Also 1 point each for the guys who made it all the way to the end of the trail, where the 14 who started had been pared down to 4. The 3 guys with me were marclewis, mwlikesbikes, and xc62701. Also, -1 for me because I managed to start a group ride with 14 and at one point have it pare down to 4. Wazu and his friend (name forgotten) were also there but just to hike. I can't philosophically give points to hikers. I'll also throw out a +1 for all the people who made it up and over into Cushetunk in the first place, the 3 guys who made it to the end plus ryane77, mare45, and neen. I think that awards all the people who were there to race or were willing to be browbeaten into racing.

So an official scoreboard for the event would look something like this:

15 marclewis
13 mwlikesbikes
13 xc62701
12 dzm3
12 ryane77
11 mare45
11 neen
10 chemgirl
10 cmh
10 cmh's friend?
10 dmc123
10 rocknrollgirl
10 rocknrollgirl's SIL
09 norm

Hey if I'm getting labelled as a talker, then RyanE77 gets labelled as a talker too! :p
Thanks for the fun ride, Norm!

So for the sake of completeness, if we do end up keeping an off-season tally of points for these things, the following people showed for this:

chemgirl
cmh (xc62701's cousin?)
cmh's friend?
dmc123
dzm3 (friend of Gus)
marclewis (hill climb stud)
mare45 (talker #1)
mwlikesbikes
neen (talker #2)
norm
ryane77
xc62701
rocknrollgirl (Gus)
rocknrollgirl's SIL (Ann?)

If I'm giving points I would give 10 to everyone for showing, then 3 for MarcLewis for cleaning 3 different difficult climbs ("puke" hill, then the climb from the phone booth, then the last climb out of the fire road which only he nailed). I would also give dzm3 a bonus point for cleaning the toughest part of the climb out from the phone booth with the SS, even though he had to clip out later up the hill. Also throw out 1 bonus point each for the SS guys (both ryan's and friend of Gus). I hate to not give mwlikesbikes a point because he was right there with us all day, good strong rider, so a bonus point for the shot block he gave me and offered everyone. Also 1 point each for the guys who made it all the way to the end of the trail, where the 14 who started had been pared down to 4. The 3 guys with me were marclewis, mwlikesbikes, and xc62701. Also, -1 for me because I managed to start a group ride with 14 and at one point have it pare down to 4. Wazu and his friend (name forgotten) were also there but just to hike. I can't philosophically give points to hikers. I'll also throw out a +1 for all the people who made it up and over into Cushetunk in the first place, the 3 guys who made it to the end plus ryane77, mare45, and neen. I think that awards all the people who were there to race or were willing to be browbeaten into racing.

So an official scoreboard for the event would look something like this:

15 marclewis
13 mwlikesbikes
13 xc62701
12 dzm3
12 ryane77
11 mare45
11 neen
10 chemgirl
10 cmh
10 cmh's friend?
10 dmc123
10 rocknrollgirl
10 rocknrollgirl's SIL
09 norm

Do I get any extra points for snapping my frame? ;)

Back
Top Bottom