The Indoor Cyclist's support thread

My issues are that they don't do a training program based on running/biking, but more importantly have no functionality on their calendar regarding running. It shouldn't take much to have the running workouts on the calendar and also sync the running events to the calendar.

The TR calendar is pretty underrated and a great feature, but missing running is a killer. Could say the same about swimming but that doesn't affect me.

If they fixed that they'd probably pull a bunch of people from Training Peaks.

I guess because it's cycling based they haven't put much effort into the running. If you pick a triathlon plan it puts the running and swimming into the calendar, and you can pick triathlon events. But you're right, I don't see anything for just running or just swimming.

Screenshot_20201120-094930.png

Check out both BKOOL and Rouvy, the both have real roads that you can ride from all over the world, it's pretty cool.
I believe that I have a 30 free trail code for Bkool, drop me a line if you are interested.
Also I believe that Tacx has it's own app that you can use as well.

Nice, how long did it take you?.
Yeah I alos got sucked into doing the California challenge for the first few months.

New trainer, who dis? Did a Zwift last night for the first time since April. It was Back to the Future. Everything was the same but I was also totally lost. Boost Mode? New power up icons?

Anybody riding at 8:30ish on weeknights?

New trainer, who dis? Did a Zwift last night for the first time since April. It was Back to the Future. Everything was the same but I was also totally lost. Boost Mode? New power up icons?

Anybody riding at 8:30ish on weeknights?
I'm usually done before that. Riding tonight at 7.

I did a Zwift HQ crit last night. what better way to shake off the zwift cobwebs than going full barf from the gun?

It gave me the option of 3 different boost modes so I randomly picked one then accidentally enabled boost "charging mode" which reduced my already meager wattage by another 50W in the first 90 seconds of the race, which super-ultra sucked because it's already hard enough to stay in the front group at the start.

I think Boost Mode is the eSports equivalent of ebike motor doping.

It seemed like I had to pick one but then again I was, as usual, logging on 90 seconds before the start of the event so I didn't really have the luxury of reading words.

I picked "Efficient" which deducts 50w during charge and adds 5 kgs to your weight the whole time. For me that's a 0.8 w/kg penalty during charge,, which for me is like riding with an umbrella holding capuchin monkey on my shoulders.

Its a really stupid feature.

is this a wahoo function or a trainer function? I would love to do this!

the wahoo head unit (elemnt) was driving the kickr.
i'm not sure about cross compatibility -

Back
Top Bottom