The Bridges of 6MR

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
This is so frigg’n bad it’s painful.... 1st gen GoPo, mounted on the handlebars and seat rails, zero stabilization, video settings all asunder, edited on a potato.... awful. Just awful. But it has some of the old woodwork in it so maybe you can snag an image or two for a laugh.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
God I miss the old rickety log bridge coming out of the cedars heading towards middelbush rd. The fancy rainbow truss bridge (though a marvel of craftsmanship) just doesn’t have the same pucker factor. 😁
I think I only started skipping that one towards the end.
You would be one to remember the one I am talking about on Red. If not, Ben or @walter would. Pretty sure it lasted a few weeks.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That piece of crap on blue after the long boardwalk was my favorite. Walked it most of the time!
You would be one to remember the one I am talking about on Red. If not, Ben or @walter would. Pretty sure it lasted a few weeks.

TY @Juggernaut !

1619723775293.png

rick81721

Lothar
This is so frigg’n bad it’s painful.... 1st gen GoPo, mounted on the handlebars and seat rails, zero stabilization, video settings all asunder, edited on a potato.... awful. Just awful. But it has some of the old woodwork in it so maybe you can snag an image or two for a laugh.

Music is great. I noticed the vid stopped right at the above-mentioned poc bridge!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Do you mean the old ones on red just past the split to white heading towards the double track along the stream or the jank by illegal red?

Edit: oh and there was the scetchie bridge on the 27 side of red they replaced with the “TREX” bridge. I slid off of the old one right into the partially frozen water one cold winters morning.🥶

lets not forget the shortcut 2 plank bridge on blue that let you cut across the ravine.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Do you mean the old ones on red just past the split to white heading towards the double track along the stream or the jank by illegal red?

Edit: oh and there was the scetchie bridge on the 27 side of red they replaced with the “TREX” bridge. I slid off of the old one right into the partially frozen water one cold winters morning.🥶

lets not forget the shortcut 2 plank bridge on blue that let you cut across the ravine.
Just after the white split head towards canal road. Almost positive before white was cut. In comparison, it made All of these other bridges look like an engineering in marvel.
Memory is fuzzy on if I even attempted it.

On a sidenote, @MadisonDan rode in 2010?!

walter

Fourth Party
The one time @bonefishjake came south to ride 6 Mile. Hes like "I got an hour and a half". We hit plaid on the way back to the 27 lot, it starts to sleet or some shit, everything is covered in ice and he literally slides off the one bridge but somehow catches himself and is dangling over the water but hanging on with one big, sexy, muscular arm. He broke his bell. And maybe a rib or 2, but he got home on time.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions