The Bridges of 6MR

I had a nite ride 6M issue years ago, into some water on blue, before a certain bridge was built. No probs after the bridgebuild washed my hands of the dirt.

will this small bridge qualified for the history? Installed with Leo and Neal in 2009

View attachment 156681
wow...that's nicer than the one at Wawayanda!
Dsc06099.jpg

rTalk, it is great to remember all the sketchy things we have seen and who fell off what. But we should be mindful that it probably isn't the best idea to document the history of who go hurt where in the park and the history of when and who may have put a structure someplace.
@Patrick can assume the liability of assessing the bridges with his PE license on the line, so that is up to him.

The one time @bonefishjake came south to ride 6 Mile. Hes like "I got an hour and a half". We hit plaid on the way back to the 27 lot, it starts to sleet or some shit, everything is covered in ice and he literally slides off the one bridge but somehow catches himself and is dangling over the water but hanging on with one big, sexy, muscular arm. He broke his bell. And maybe a rib or 2, but he got home on time.
This is a true story and has fueled a decade long fear of ALL MTB-related bridges.

I went to look for the old sketchy bridge on red - see if there was anything still there.
It is slightly down-creek of these (left of the pic).

1622672565981.png

Coming from South Middlebush Rd, you might see this on red, just after the white split.

1622672605194.png

It is the old trail to the water crossing. The deer may still be using it, cause it looks like it gets some traffic. I guess at this point i could reclaim the wood.

The old concrete pieces are still there. But there is no sign of an old wooden bridge that just scared the hell out of me!

1622673263025.png

successfully crossing went "that way"

1622673307402.png

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions