The 2016 garden thread

I could be wrong but...I don't think the mountain lions are after your broccoli. ;)

Reactions: rlb
Broccoli coming along nicely

IMG_20160217_143706759.jpg

Anyone want packman broccoli seefs? Due to someone's poor management of their web store I wound up with an extra package. Start 6-8 weeks before frost (guess I started mine a bit early :D) so you still have some time to get them going.

IMG_20160227_074022372~2.jpg

They're usually ~$20 a piece for larger plastic ones. You can also get food safe 5 gallon buckets from lowes for a few bucks a piece.
Try Costco, wasn't there last week, but they go for about $14, I use them for above ground water gardens

Anyone want packman broccoli seefs? Due to someone's poor management of their web store I wound up with an extra package. Start 6-8 weeks before frost (guess I started mine a bit early :D) so you still have some time to get them going.

View attachment 32098
Just seeded last night, with just the HD varieties, do you get better crops with mail order seeds?

Just seeded last night, with just the HD varieties, do you get better crops with mail order seeds?

Not sure, this is the first I'm trying. I wanted this specific variety because it's supposed to be heat tolerant. Could only find it online so that's the route I went.

Need some advice with tulips. The deer were going to town on them. Does anyone have any ideas for deterrence

Need some advice with tulips. The deer were going to town on them. Does anyone have any ideas for deterrence
You just planted crack for deer, try planting hyacinths and daffodils around them? Deer may be deterred but best bet is a fence or netting

panther piss.
i liked the way that rolled off the tongue - mt lion actually.

http://thepeemart.com/

it works - also scares the hell out of the neighborhood pets.

Back
Top Bottom