SURF does not SUCK

pkovo

Kind of bitter I couldn't sneak out there this afternoon. Looks quite nice. Sadly it will likely be blown flat by tomorrow morning.

pkovo

Been forced off the bike due to injury lately, but I can still surf. King Neptune must have taken pity on me, as he gave us solid swell with offshore winds for the past three weekends! It's definitely made not riding more tolerable.

Got to paddle out and share waves with a couple of friends I haven't surfed with in ages. One of which was riding a hollow wooden longboard he made with the help of the Grain crew up in Maine. Really a work of art. Best time I could have off a bike!

wave 2.jpg

wave.jpg

long.jpg

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Been forced off the bike due to injury lately, but I can still surf. King Neptune must have taken pity on me, as he gave us solid swell with offshore winds for the past three weekends! It's definitely made not riding more tolerable.

Got to paddle out and share waves with a couple of friends I haven't surfed with in ages. One of which was riding a hollow wooden longboard he made with the help of the Grain crew up in Maine. Really a work of art. Best time I could have off a bike!

View attachment 118656

View attachment 118657

View attachment 118658
Love that Grain!!

J

pkovo

Love that Grain!!

J
Me too. My Buddy Dave does nice work. He had shaped wooden boards on his own before doing the grain, and had nothing but positive things to say about their program.

He's got a mini-simmons in the works that is almost ready for glass and since he surfs longboards almost exclusively, and I'm more into shortboards, I'll be the test pilot for this one. Can't wait!

I've gotten to see the process and the construction is pretty intense. You need to own a lot of wood clamps!

IMG_1679.JPGIMG_1680.JPGIMG_1681.JPGIMG_1682.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom