SURF does not SUCK

LandCruiser

I can no longer post in the SURF SUCKS link when the surf is great. Awesome weekend!!! Thank you Bill!!!!!!!!!!!!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I spent this past weekend at Dana point in so cal. I was only there for 2 days for a wedding, so i had no free time to do much. I did get up early on sat. morning, went down to Doheny beach and jogged 4 miles on the sand. At 6am the place was packed with sufers. I was so jealous!

dualfisted

Five friggin days!!!!

Superstoked, 5 days of good surf and I've been all over it. I'm exhausted and can barely bring myself to go to work at night. Yet, I keep dragging my butt to the beach and dawn patrolling and just keep reaping the reward of great surf while it's here. I think my bike is getting really jealous!

Stocky

Dana Point you say ... shot these about 10 years ago ....

Attachments

• S7_1.JPG
    S7_1.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 60
  • S9.jpg
    S9.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 57

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
LC - nice new thread!

weekend looks promising - again! just those winds...

hey mods - if you can get around to it - could you lock up 'the surf sucks'? i think its run its course.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I finally got my new 5 fin in the water.. It grips like velcro. Crazy really. Paddles well and hooks up like a champ. The closest feel to snowboarding I can recall.

This is a really fun board to play with. I can't wait to figure it out. If you like a loose tail look elsewhere.

http://www.stewartsurfboards.com/surfboards/2009/86013

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dana Point you say ... shot these about 10 years ago ....

AWESOME pics! It was funny because I had never heard of dana point, I just had to go to a wedding there. When I started jogging and ran into Doheny beach I was like "hmmm, I know I have heard about this place in several beach boys songs" :D

Someday I have to get a board and try it, looks like so much fun.

Stocky

AWESOME pics! It was funny because I had never heard of dana point, I just had to go to a wedding there. When I started jogging and ran into Doheny beach I was like "hmmm, I know I have heard about this place in several beach boys songs" :D

Someday I have to get a board and try it, looks like so much fun.

I think it's the Marriot that is right there overlooking the ocean ?

I used to shoot mostly in Newport and Huntington, but this was a favor for Gary Linden who that kid rode for . We were also shooting a bodyboard "test pilot" shoot . Where they ride a bunch of different boards and a write up is done about each board for the magazine .

My buddy used to be the photo editor for Surfing Magazine... So I'd go out a few times a year and live vicariously through him.....
I've shot Trestles,Dana Point,Newport , Huntington, Malibu , Mavericks, Steamer Lane , and all of Oahua --> Haliewa, Rocky Point, Off the Wall, Pipe , Sunset Beach etc....

Those were the days, just married, no kids almost no responsabilties .

MMuller

here we go again

Buckets of rain. local trails must be a mess. Put the bikes in the closet and wax those boards. tomorrow should be good. Hoping for some off shores. Playing beach bar in AP again then jumping in.

MMuller

longboard heaven

Sick in bed all week. No shape to go race Blue today, but did paddle out and it was beautiful. Offshore, glassy, rights and lefts peeling, warm water and warm air. Please stay September forever.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
ahh.. Looked like crap this AM from what I could see on the reports.

Need to get out there before the big rubber becomes mandatory again.

MMuller

yea, am was flat but around 2 nice little sets started popping up with the incoming. Heard it was still good around 6.

bobkennelly

Good Surf!

yea, am was flat but around 2 nice little sets started popping up with the incoming. Heard it was still good around 6.

I was at Avon by the Sea from 1pm till 5pm, the waves were very good for body surfin, I spent close to two hours of the time in the water, just me and the Curch-hills, my neck and shoulders are very sore today...

BOBKE

dualfisted

Bombs

Heard there was some bigguns out there today, Jenks must've been nuts from the nor'easter. Anyone get on it? Tomorrow and Tuesday I'm on it as I was working today.

...Lost

I got me some Sunday. Got "worked" in the impact zone a few times. For me, the rights were a race to closeout but the lefts were fun rides. The waters still a balmy 55 or so. That’s probably the end of my Jersey surfing for a while.

Top Bottom