Strictly METAL

walter

Fourth Party
Good job, RC were absolutley incredible. Actually several of the guys went on to form Muzzle for a very short time, then Dimmak came. I *think* Dimmak is still around, I recently heard that the drummer Brandon Thomas left the scene finally. I also think Gene Hoglan from Dark Angel was the guy who replaced him. Thats just a odd thought though, not sure.

Those shows back in the day were insane. Ripping Corpse, Damonacy, Social Plague, Psychosis, Human Remains, Revenant.... all really good stuff

sixseven

Heres the Lombardo scene...its Steve Tucker on vocals and a stunt dude with the bees on his face. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dkTSe_UnTw
Korn was in the studio next door and the bees went thru the vents into their room and a couple of the guys had to leave they were so scared. They were doing voice overdubs on a LIVE RECORD.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
Good job, RC were absolutley incredible. Actually several of the guys went on to form Muzzle for a very short time, then Dimmak came. I *think* Dimmak is still around, I recently heard that the drummer Brandon Thomas left the scene finally. I also think Gene Hoglan from Dark Angel was the guy who replaced him. Thats just a odd thought though, not sure.

Those shows back in the day were insane. Ripping Corpse, Damonacy, Social Plague, Psychosis, Human Remains, Revenant.... all really good stuff

brandon thomas left dimmak and went on to play for the dying light. my good buddy sean plays bass for them. and joey cappizi of cattle press plays guitar and sings for them. they recorded with eric rutan(producing). really good stuff. i suggest you check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/thedyinglight

walter

Fourth Party
Brandon is just brutally talented. Back when we were wee lads my good friend bought one of Brandons drum kits off of him. Walking into his parents house was one thing but walking down into his basement was incredible. I think his house set was made out of oak or something, really impressive 20 years ago.

sixseven

brandon thomas left dimmak and went on to play for the dying light. my good buddy sean plays bass for them. and joey cappizi of cattle press plays guitar and sings for them. they recorded with eric rutan(producing). really good stuff. i suggest you check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/thedyinglight
Cool band, but the name sounds like a bad diet soda. Brandon is a killer drummer. Leno used to sing for them I think. Now he's with Villains. MIG..You must know him too..SI?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
look what the post man dropped on my doorstep today....
41zirwRfmuL._SS500_.jpg

Chaos In Motion 2007-2008(Deluxe Collector's Edition)(3 CD/2 DVD) [BOX SET] [COLLECTOR'S EDITION] [LIVE]

:getsome::getsome:

Sweet son!! :D I have the Budoken DVD, it rocks.

-Jim.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
i love me some king diamond and/or merciful fate. i grew up on it.
It's funny, I remember reading about Mercyful Fate in Kerrang and Metal Forces, and thinking, "Oh my God, I've gotta check these guys out", and when I finally did, I was impressed with the riffage, but King's voice just cracked me up. I could never really take him seriously enough to get into them. I bought "Abigail" when it came out, too, and tried, but it never really worked for me. Gotta give him props for sticking to his guns, though.

Right now, I'm waiting for the new Baroness to drop. Between those guys, Mastodon, and Harvey Milk, Georgia has done right by me.

Last edited:

lmckee

Right now, I'm waiting for the new Baroness to drop. Between those guys, Mastodon, and Harvey Milk, Georgia has done right by me.

Aside from Baroness being really good they're also really cool guys. My band played with them a few years back and they were awesome.

sixseven

He is the Liza Minelli of metal. Anyone check out Beezlebubs movies? "Metalheads"? Horrible stuff, but some fun interviews tacked onto the ends.
One has KD, its pretty funny. Another one with the singer from Amon Amarth being interviewed at a bus stop in Clifton in the middle of the night. Totally Dirty Jersey all the way.
I miss the days when the Grimoire of Exalted Deeds was an actual paper.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
agreed. when i lived in staten island and made the excursion to vintage vinyl i used to love picking up my free copy of grimoire. he used to make fun of those dudes so friggin hard. for example when he interviews dimmu borgir and said "so, how did dino burger get their name?" hahah

Top Bottom