Sterling Forest Trail Conditions

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
With the rain, how are things looking for tomorrow afternoon?
Any local intel appreciated.

oobaa47

With the rain, how are things looking for tomorrow afternoon?
Any local intel appreciated.
I was going to go there tomorrow morning, but I think I'm going to pass. It's been raining pretty steadily all day, and it looks like it's not going to stop until early morning. Sterling typically does not drain that well, but I'll defer to those that know it better than me.....

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was going to go there tomorrow morning, but I think I'm going to pass. It's been raining pretty steadily all day, and it looks like it's not going to stop until early morning. Sterling typically does not drain that well, but I'll defer to those that know it better than me.....
Thanks for the intel, thought as much

MuniMan

I also think you’ll be all right by later in the afternoon. It might have rained for several hours but it came down slow. The ground is so dry that it can soak up quite a bit of water. We also did a lot of work building bridges and on drainage this past spring and summer.

MuniMan

There is now one less mud bowl on the trail. We put some proper paving slabs and crush into the trail on the ramp on Munsee-Eagle, at about 1:30. on the loop if the northern powerline crossing is 12:00.

I only walked the trail from caretaker lot to that point but judging from the lack of mud on people’s bike the water/mud fixes that we have done in the past year are working quite well.

6A8847B6-CB44-4D3C-94C5-0C4CD91C3A9A.jpeg

Front wheel of that bike would have
been 4” deep in a mud puddle 2 hours earlier.