Sterling Forest Trail Conditions

Will probably need at least one more week, maybe two. The trail is all very fresh and soft, and the whole backside of the trail is blocked from the sun.

If you like the trail flow of sterling, try Hartshorne.

Yah we stayed away. Looks like from strava a bunch were there tho

onetracker

IMO, I thought there were still many soft spots while hiking at Sterling yesterday. Personally, I am going to give the place some additional time to dry out.

Mtbdog

Planning to ride Sterling tomorrow 4/14/19. After the rains overnight I would like to know trail conditions and if it drains fast enough to hold this ride. I'm looking to give others time to change plans if need be. Thank you.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Planning to ride Sterling tomorrow 4/14/19. After the rains overnight I would like to know trail conditions and if it drains fast enough to hold this ride. I'm looking to give others time to change plans if need be. Thank you.
Probably best to skip Sterling. It usually needs more time to recover from rain.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Just heard back from the trailbuilder. You're good to go if you can get out before the rain comes.

Cannonbill

We got a lot of rain up here yesterday. I rode Ringwood today. Was wet in spots, it will improve over night. Higher areas of Ringwood drain fast. I think Sterling may have some questionable spots, the trail crew does an amazing job of fixing problem areas, so a day or so behind Ringwood. My suggestion, give it a day. I hope this helps.

bucknejo

We got a lot of rain up here yesterday. I rode Ringwood today. Was wet in spots, it will improve over night. Higher areas of Ringwood drain fast. I think Sterling may have some questionable spots, the trail crew does an amazing job of fixing problem areas, so a day or so behind Ringwood. My suggestion, give it a day. I hope this helps.

Ok, thanks - will take a look at HMP or RW

chris12453

Sterling was in good shape Saturday when I rode it. MuniMan is right with wet spots after it rains, but its not too bad. I usually manual or jump all of them, so its not a big deal.

MuniMan

Yesterday it was drier than it has been all year. We will see what today brings.

We got another drain put in on Hutchinson. This one is in the road near the wood bridge. Still more to do in that area. It’s nice finding old concrete pipes in the woods.

Thanks to Utah and his 2 friends whose name I forget for carrying it.

72967F69-350F-49D8-9DD7-B8ECD0570A5D.jpeg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yesterday it was drier than it has been all year. We will see what today brings.

We got another drain put in on Hutchinson. This one is in the road near the wood bridge. Still more to do in that area. It’s nice finding old concrete pipes in the woods.

View attachment 97259
@UtahJoe @graveyardman67 @Kirt are likely those weird dudes in spandex. Thanks for the work! I need to get out to Sterling more, especially being so close.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

View attachment 97259
@Kirt and bill @graveyardman67

Your quite welcome... Thanks for all of the hard work there... Place is amazing. If you ever need any more obscenely heavy objects moved, let us know in advance and we'll bring along our resident meat heads/cross fitters ?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions