State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

one piece crank

the NJ DEP Site still says Parks Open, but facilities closed (no access to restrooms, playgrounds, offices, nature centers, historic buildings). So, State web sites are not updated with closures - due to this going into effect tonight 8pm?

Despite @Kaleidopete 's posting, these are from the Wayay web site, just now:

ADVISORY_Parks_OPEN_COVID19.jpg

worthington-wawayanda-close.jpeg

Woo-hoo, Fat Bike road rides...:(

Captain Brainstorm

Ringwood was crazy this weekend. I've never seen so many people in the woods in my 20+ years of riding there, even during the peak MTB years in the late 90's/early 2000's. I saw people in places I've never seen people, and given the time of day, I hope they had flashlights. Parking lots were zoo's for the past 3 weeks, especially bottom and top of Skyline. Surprised it took this long.

Kaleidopete

Fat Trout

Ringwood was crazy this weekend. I've never seen so many people in the woods in my 20+ years of riding there, even during the peak MTB years in the late 90's/early 2000's. I saw people in places I've never seen people, and given the time of day, I hope they had flashlights. Parking lots were zoo's for the past 3 weeks, especially bottom and top of Skyline. Surprised it took this long.
Allamuchy north waterloo road lot was overflowing yesterday (a monday) at 5:30 pm when i drove by. At least a dozen cars parked on Waterloo road

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
They closed South Mountain down yesterday but people still drove around the barriers to park. It's been crazy there the past few weeks, similar to descriptions of Ringwood. Fight club rules have always been in effect so hopefully the trails are empty, the paved roads and picnic areas were out of control.

JonF

There it is, Murphy just declared all state and county parks closed. Damn, i though i had a backup plan at Clayton. Grrr

Ron

Family and I went for a trail ride yesterday early afternoon. We had just finished loading the van with the bikes and gear at 5pm. And as we were doing this the lot filled up with about 6 cars and all the guys got out of cars giving each other high fives and bro hugs. Stupid people will always be stupid. Wife and I have been doing solo road/cx rides and getting the kids out when we can. We are introverts already, but we keep to ourselves and keep our distance from others.

Some people just really want to make go back to slapping people in the face. Nothing like a good old open hand slap in the face to get someone’s attention.

mntal

I'll still be riding. We are in full Murphy-Power-Trip now as opposed to anything logical. It's kind of like my employees, they play with something and waste time so we take it away. Then they find something else to fiddle with and we take that away...and over, and over. People will congregate somewhere else. You can't keep taking away people's freedoms without an expectation of some level of resistance and, for that resistance to increase the tighter they make the circle.

Top Bottom