South Mountain Reservation

:hmmm: Really, 1 bidder.Wow, how fishy does that sound.Maybe Tony Soprano is the owner of the winning bid.Not on paper of course............lol

Project delivery system: Design-Bid-Build

Plans available from: Owner (Public) - US$ 100 deposit. nonrefundable

This doesn't make sense to an outsider (naturally). Is this company doing a Design/Build, or is the site already designed? All that I've read makes it sound like the design is complete, and this is a bid for construction.

However, a bid would have gone out in the past for the design phase which I think would have been noticed....

He engineering firm does engineering drawings for birders to bid on. You can build the site off those plans but what they do is he GC will submit new more detailed drawing with finished designs and materials. The engineer is more vauge but you get 90% of what should be done. I'll post up an example when I get to a puter.

Here's the difference between the Engineer drawings and the contractor drawings. The Engineer knows WHAT he wants, the contractor knows HOW to build it and bids accordingly. Then the contractor designs and builds what the Engineer had in mind, usually :)
Note that in the contractor drawings he calls out and ID's every single piece, there is another page that explains the details of every one of those labels.
attachment.php

Attachments

• drawings.jpg
    drawings.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 238
Is that what is commonly called a "shop drawing"? I know there are engineering desgin drawings to start and as-builts when everything is done, with shop drawings somewhere in the middle....but I've never asked what a shop drawing is, nor have I ever had to deal with one.

Well the info I got really doesn't help much. But it seems there was 1 bidder, so they must have won the bid.
The bid was actually yesterday at 11am
Crosson Construction Co I believe won it.

Bid date: 03/11/2010 @ 11:00 AM EST
Valuation: $ 3,500,000
Project delivery system: Design-Bid-Build
Owner type: Local Government
Project Overview
Project type: Sidewalk/Parking Lot. Park/Playground.
Report type: Project
Sub project count: 0
First publish date: 02/16/2010
Prior publish date: 03/02/2010
Type of Work: New Project
Status project delivery
system: Design-Bid-Build
Publish date: 03/09/2010
Key Contacts and Bid Documents
Submit bids to: Owner (Public)
Engineer: Essex County Depart. of Public Works & Engineering, Philip LiVecchi (Director), 900 Bloomfield Ave Verona, NJ 07044-1337 (USA) , Phone:973-226-2218, Fax:973-226-7469, E-mail:plivecchi@essexcountynj.org, http://www.essex-countynj.org/
Email ID: plivecchi@essexcountynj.org
Owner (Public): Essex County Purchasing Department, Leonard Sorge (Purchasing Agent), 465 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Ste 325 Newark, NJ 07102-1705 (USA) , Phone:973-621-5103, Fax:973-621-5109, E-mail:lsorge@admin.essexcountynj.org, http://www.essex-countynj.org/
joedi@admin.essexcountynj.org
Plans available from: Owner (Public) - US$ 100 deposit. nonrefundable
Additional features: 21 hole mini course designed in shape of African continent - walkway - gated parking area for 300 cars designed to resemble a park and enhanced with landscaping

Just looked up the bid, owner (County) wouldn't release planholders. 2 contractors picked up plans, don't know how many bid. I don't know if I got in on time, but I might get updated on it tonight. Anyone live/work in Newark go fill out a FOIA for the info.

Also checked the contractor registration on the DOL website, nothing found. I'll have to dig a little further, spelling or town could be off. If they're not registered, off they go. But they do have the Montville BOE offices and a small school job. I'll be visiting Montville on Monday morning to pull some papers:D.

South Mountain Trail Work Day - Sunday April 11th‏

Posting from email....

TO JOIN US THIS SUNDAY from 9:00AM to 12:00PM FOR THE APRIL 2010 TRAIL WORK DAY AT SOUTH MOUNTAIN

We’re continuing the work necessary to open our newest trail!

We will be concentrating our work on a new trail which will connect the Elmdale (Blue) trail with the Rahway (White) trail near Painter’s Point. The work area is along Brookside Drive about 1 mile north of Glen Avenue (remember Brookside is closed to motorized traffic on Sunday mornings).

When: Meet at 8:45AM on Sunday April 11th -- walk to the trail and begin working at 9:00AM

Where: Millburn Public Library parking lot on Glen Avenue. The library is just east of Brookside Drive on Glen Avenue. Remember, Brookside Drive is closed on Sundays. We’ll walk (or ride) about 1 mile along Brookside Drive to get to the work area.

What to Bring: Work gloves and a friend. We supply tools, snacks and water.

In the event of rain, call 973-768-5606 after 7:00 AM on Sunday and listen to message. Trail work is ON unless message specifically states it is cancelled.

Why is this being posted on an MTB site? We are not allowed to ride bikes in this park.Are MTB'ers allowed anywhere in Essex County?Or are we playing the part of "the poor dog" sitting on the porch wagging our tails waiting for someone to open the door,while all are inside feasting on dinner.How much longer will we have to wait on the porch??

Thanks to everyone who participated in last Sunday’s Trail Work Day at South Mountain

We had 19 participants give 6 hours of their weekend to help improve the trails at South Mountain. We COMPLETED the work on a new section along the Elmdale (Blue) trail. This NEW section connects the Elmdale and the Rahway (White) trails.

At the June Trail Work Day, we will begin work in a new area. Please come out and join us!

Again, much thanks to Sunday’s participants:

Bhanu Immedisetty
Norman Albrecht
Don Schatz
David Emero
Rahul Koglnti
Manjunath Prasad
Adit Gupta
Gaurau Gupta
Daniel Engle
Amy Bodoff
Dawn Massa
Kevin Ehiyi
Nagaray Raghavenoba
Alicia Keehan
Ron Artzi
Sandy Felzenberg
Dennis Percher
Jerrell Fisher
Magdalene Ho

Our next Trail Work Day will be Sunday, June 6th, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM …Details to follow (of course!).

Thanks again and Happy Trails….

Don Schatz

South Mountain Conservancy

I'll be there, the last one fell on the Wawayanda race so I had to miss it.
This new section is going to connect SoMo to the trails I'm working on by my house, I'm excited!

Wow, it wasn't in pieces? That's weird.
Usually they only find body parts.
How come I never find any! Actually it's because I stay away from the parking lots and the big quadrant.

Back
Top Bottom