South Mountain Reservation

the schwartz

i am sad today looking through these old posts.

I'm sending a facebook message to follow up with West Orange mayor Robert Parisi, he came around houses the other night and I chatted with him for a while about this - he couldn't believe that riding a bike on dirt paths/trails was illegal in all the county parks.

sigh.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
he didn't care that riding a bike on dirt paths/trails was illegal in all the county parks.
Yeah, politicians don't place much value in outdoor recreation and Union/ Essex County residents who live adjacent to open space seem to have more $ay about who is allowed to use said open $pace. Its a shame such corruption is allowed to take place.

terrabike01

I'm sending a facebook message to follow up with West Orange mayor Robert Parisi, he came around houses the other night and I chatted with him for a while about this - he couldn't believe that riding a bike on dirt paths/trails was illegal in all the county parks.

sigh.
Until the politicians that rule Essex and Union Counties are voted out and gone nothing will change. Meanwhile, thank god they just opened a flamingo exhibit at the Turtle Back Zoo.

terrabike01

Yeah, politicians don't place much value in outdoor recreation and Union/ Essex County residents who live adjacent to open space seem to have more $ay about who is allowed to use said open $pace. Its a shame such corruption is allowed to take place.
You hit the nail on the head. Its funny they don't want bikes anywhere near their homes, but yet they all have small trails leading from their yards to the trails like its their own playground to enjoy.

goodvibe

sigh.
SoMo has fight club rules. They tried legalizing a couple of years ago and it was scrapped. It wasn't as hot and contentious as what happened at Watchung, but it would be good for it not to get to that.

Dingo

You hit the nail on the head. Its funny they don't want bikes anywhere near their homes, but yet they all have small trails leading from their yards to the trails like its their own playground to enjoy.
Those trails are so they dump yard waste and other crap.

Top Bottom