Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

rick81721

Lothar
That's the magic of Sourlands. Those sections you just can't clear and then one day you do it!

Or someone piles some extra rocks in the right spot and then you do it!

Yep that happens sometimes. But am I ever going to clean all of chunky monkey or boulderama? Nope!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Trails are dry!
Didn't venture into Chunky Monkey, so probably soft in there.

Tree down on the White Connector just downhill from Montezuma -

TM with the hedge clippers coming soon!

Me thinks the "tree across trail" thing is going to happen quite often....

1656679277457.png

Patrick

Staff member
Riding Sourlands for the first time in probably a year tomorrow. Anything new I should know? Anywhere I should scout?

I don't think we rode chunky monkey if that was the last time. I haven't ridden it since Feb, so a conditions check would be good.
Riverbed trail is in tough shape - probably avoid that.

phillychris498

I don't think we rode chunky monkey if that was the last time. I haven't ridden it since Feb, so a conditions check would be good.
Riverbed trail is in tough shape - probably avoid that.
I always ride Chunky Monkey. I love that trail.

Is the Riverbed trail the one between the entrance to Tres Amigos off of white and the exit of Montezuma back onto White?

phillychris498

I always ride Chunky Monkey. I love that trail.

Is the Riverbed trail the one between the entrance to Tres Amigos off of white and the exit of Montezuma back onto White?
If so, I very rarely ride that trail. It sounds like my typical loop will be good to go. I do plan on getting up top and back down twice, to do the C4 descent and the Boulderama descent. Is Boulderama doing OK?

Patrick

Staff member
If so, I very rarely ride that trail. It sounds like my typical loop will be good to go. I do plan on getting up top and back down twice, to do the C4 descent and the Boulderama descent. Is Boulderama doing OK?

riverbed sounds like the one you described - pipeline to tres amigos.

No info on boulderama - let me know if you see anything.

phillychris498

This was the driest I’ve ever seen Sourlands. The only reports I have is the trail widening in a few technical spots on tres amigos, and some overgrowth on the typical culprits (tres amigos up top and by the long rock garden, and then some of the lower trails coming up to new shoes).

I really do not have a single wet spot, nor downed tree, to report. Chunky monkey had no water on it. Some day I’ll figure out all the lines on that trail...

Now, I’m sipping some sourland mountain spirits rye whiskey to celebrate a great return.
FE75822D-38FB-45DA-AA81-CF893DC1347C.jpeg
B4C35E73-1B33-4374-A16A-DEDC260E18FD.jpeg

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
This was the driest I’ve ever seen Sourlands. The only reports I have is the trail widening in a few technical spots on tres amigos, and some overgrowth on the typical culprits (tres amigos up top and by the long rock garden, and then some of the lower trails coming up to new shoes).

I really do not have a single wet spot, nor downed tree, to report. Chunky monkey had no water on it. Some day I’ll figure out all the lines on that trail...

Now, I’m sipping some sourland mountain spirits rye whiskey to celebrate a great return.View attachment 189046View attachment 189047
i'm trying to figure out a free weekend for a big group ride. I know what all the Chunky Monkey lines are, i just can't ride some of them, or at least ride them in succession. Didn't stop you from taking the KOM by almost a minute though!

Patrick

Staff member
i'm trying to figure out a free weekend for a big group ride. I know what all the Chunky Monkey lines are, i just can't ride some of them, or at least ride them in succession. Didn't stop you from taking the KOM by almost a minute though!

Sourlands - On the Rocks - July 23
Sponsored by:
Spiked+Berry+Lemonade.jpg

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions