Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

I rode sourland yesterday, outer trail needs some light pricker tending and lower section of three amigoes had a tree down. I was able to move a section off it off trail but the other piece needs a saw.
SL.jpg

Last edited:
Amazingly dry. Only spot of mud was on the pipeline trail below white going back to the lot.

PS County guys were in there taking out a bunch of trees between the pond and entrance to white cw. They had it closed off so had to take pipeline.

Went back yesterday. Really thought the heat + humidity would have scared off the riffraff (hikers) but surprisingly I encountered 6 in a short 5.7 mile loop

Probably obvious but it's very dry. Actually too dry. The rocks are dusty which makes them a bit slippery. The trail widening and shortcuts are crazy but there's really no way to stop it at this point. Some are even more burned in than the real trail over on Boulderama. I have a couple ideas for the September 17th TM day but open to suggestions from the locals/regulars.

No change obviously - still dry as a bone. But on lower white (I guess it's orange now) from the pipeline to marker 8 there are bug traps in regular intervals. I assume they are surveying spotted lantern flies but not sure. The only thing in the trap I took this pic of was a spider

20220826_104635.jpg

No change obviously - still dry as a bone. But on lower white (I guess it's orange now) from the pipeline to marker 8 there are bug traps in regular intervals. I assume they are surveying spotted lantern flies but not sure. The only thing in the trap I took this pic of was a spider

View attachment 194797
I rode there last night and scanned the code on one of the traps. Theres a ton of them out there and kept mistaking them for someone standing just off trail.

IMG_0606.PNG

Rode here for the first time today. Mannnn idk how y'all ride here, I think I spent equal parts walking as I did riding lol 😵‍💫 I mostly followed the "The Old Way" route on trailforks, but idk if there's a better route to take. Anyway trails were fairly clear, a few overgrown spots and some leaves down but no trees down or huge puddles.

Last edited:
Rode here for the first time today. Mannnn idk how y'all ride here, I think I spent equal parts walking as I did riding lol 😵‍💫 I mostly followed the "The Old Way" route on trailforks, but idk if there's a better route to take. Anyway trail were fairly clear, a few overgrown spots and some leaves down but no trees down or huge puddles.
First time I rode there I was mostly pushing too. But every time I went back I could clear more obstacles and started to love the challenge.
Your route was solid, though I would normally proceed to Boulderama instead of cutting back over on the River Connector.

First time I rode there I was mostly pushing too. But every time I went back I could clear more obstacles and started to love the challenge.
Your route was solid, though I would normally proceed to Boulderama instead of cutting back over on the River Connector.
Ah fair enough, that River Connector was pretty gnarly too. I'll give it a shot next time

Ah fair enough, that River Connector was pretty gnarly too. I'll give it a shot next time

Connector is in rough shape. Will be in there in a couple weeks.

Boulderama is harder.

Riding there with people who know the alternate lines and can ride them is inspiring!

Maybe a group ride this fall..

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions