Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

JPark

Tree down on Chunky Monkey.
20220923_130514.jpg

JPark

I was also there yesterday and the Pipeline was barricaded off with boulders uphill from the Riverbed connector. You can get around it going into the grass area.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I was also there yesterday and the Pipeline was barricaded off with boulders uphill from the Riverbed connector. You can get around it going into the grass area.

Weird.....wonder if they are blocking service trucks from trying to cross the dislodged pipes???

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Rangers had a corporate volunteer group and needed to give them something to do. JORBA is donating lumber to fix bridges which was supposed to be their project but the timing of Somerset approval didn't work out. They tried narrowing that section a couple years ago and it didn't last. Pipeline rocks are new since our group ride i think. Patrick's guess may be right. It did look like there was some work happening on the pipeline at the top crossover when we last rode.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It did look like there was some work happening on the pipeline at the top crossover when we last rode.

When I took the pipeline out at the group ride, there was a section of it that was closed off with rocks. There was a sign that said not to hike over the rocks. After hiking over the rocks, it looked like there might have been a path around them. Not sure if that's what you guys are talking about or not.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
When I took the pipeline out at the group ride, there was a section of it that was closed off with rocks. There was a sign that said not to hike over the rocks. After hiking over the rocks, it looked like there might have been a path around them. Not sure if that's what you guys are talking about or not.
it probably is.

jklett

Leafy AF, hard to see where the trail was. That said, conditions were great where we went. Take the leaves out of the equation and it was definitely 9/10 today. The hikers must've realized the same thing though because the place was packed by the time we got back to the lot.

rick81721

Lothar
Leafy AF, hard to see where the trail was. That said, conditions were great where we went. Take the leaves out of the equation and it was definitely 9/10 today. The hikers must've realized the same thing though because the place was packed by the time we got back to the lot.

Like many CENTRAL Jersey parks, SMP is a stay away place on weekends or holidays. Way too crowded. At least until it is either really cold or unbearably hot. That keeps the riffraff away. Anywho, I hope to get there a few more times before we are down in FL permanently.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions