Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Apparently there is a fugitive in there says our local fb page.
or there was bad damage
or someone is lost
or .....

or close enough?

bb3f82e3-6f7b-4d21-80f2-9dffcafe5cc4_text.gif

I want a tent.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I emailed the park rangers and got no info other than "closed until further notice" and they'll let me know when it reopens.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Did a ride and scoping mission today. Lower trails are fine and New Shoes to 3 Amigos to Montezuma is perfect. I cleaned off all the alt lines. Roaring Rocks had water running down it still - likely due to hikers using the old line instead of the rocky reroute.
20220430_112315.jpg

River Bed Connector is still a swamp in that middle section that always is so I'd avoid that. Also, Marker 6 intersection is a mess where a giant tree came down right on top of all the nice armoring we did a couple years ago. Rangers made it passable but it's muddy and we need to re-armor. Original line is directly under the tree and I doubt we'll be able to clear it. New line could be fine with some rock work.
20220430_105236.jpg

The Red Tube situation is still not resolved but there's a go around line just uphill that crosses the stream and it's smooth.
20220430_104120.jpg

Also, kudos to Eduardo who was out there with his buddy and a Ranger clipping prickers on the lower trails. Apparently he reached out directly to the Rangers and asked to help. First official TM is late May and I have a couple ideas.

Robin

Up pipeline to Three Amigos. Soft areas between pipeline and top of Chunky Monkey. Could see muck and standing water on Chunky Monkey.

From Three Amigos down to Bouldering Area/top of Roaring Rocks was great.

Montezuma was good.

Connector trail had tree down close to top. There is a huge tree down on the Circle Loop on the boardwalk/impassable.

Did not ride the lower trail - assuming it's a muddy mess.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Up pipeline to Three Amigos. Soft areas between pipeline and top of Chunky Monkey. Could see muck and standing water on Chunky Monkey.

From Three Amigos down to Bouldering Area/top of Roaring Rocks was great.

Montezuma was good.

Connector trail had tree down close to top. There is a huge tree down on the Circle Loop on the boardwalk/impassable.

Did not ride the lower trail - assuming it's a muddy mess.

Going in Friday....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions