Send all your thoughts & prayers to Schilling

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
You were talked about and kept in mind today on our small group ride with @1sh0t1b33r and @skyrokz . 1shot even converted his full squish to single so he could suffer while we hauled ass up the hills today. And he has shity knees.
I was even late for the meet up. My excuse seemed fitting, I just told the boys I drove to trail on the highway in only second gear cause singlespeedforschilling haha.

We heard you don't drink beer so..#rootbeerforschilling
View attachment 25959

I hope you like pizza cause @skyrokz ate enough for you and him
View attachment 25963

But it's crazy how such a small mountain bike community can get together to support someone who shares this little slice of earth with use and rides the same dirt we do. I'm sure we'll meet one day and you can give me tons of tips on how to get stronger and faster on my ss.

Get well soon ss bro! In the mean time maybe we can take the edge off while we suffer to the top of the climbs for ya!

View attachment 25962

Great post!

But.....2 quick links in a row on a SS? :rolleyes: :eek:o_O

jumpa

Until then, rest up, heal up, and enjoy all the great and well-deserved things that everyone's saying about you here. But don't expect all this to continue after you're back on your feet... then it's back to good-natured ball-busting, as it should be!

i was just thinking about this, when he gets back on his feet and some time passes, the team is probably not going to stop busting schillings balls huh haha. "hey remember that time everyone worried about you?! psshhh.." will probably make for a great laugh!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Rode High Mountain this morning. Altho I have never met the man, after reading this thread, he has become one of my heroes.
Wanted to write "CS@HM" but ran out of water.... sorry
0926150811.jpg

qclabrat

Today I had a great ride with Chris

With a new ghetto SS I headed over to Sourlands for the first time and based on comments on the park expected to have a pretty rough time. since I only had less than 2 hrs to explore while my kids were at Neshanic attending their golf school, I charged into the park. When I began hitting the rougher terrain, I remembered that I have practically no SS experience and my bike was 25 years old with v-brakes.

I began worrying about taking a spill and was considering excuses to my wife such as "Chris made me do it" to get me off the hook. Then I started thinking about this thread and advice Chris would have dished out if he was riding sweep behind me. Amazing I started floating on the rocks, hitting lines where I would have normally bailed and hit obstacles I would have typically gone around or hiked over.

Had a great ride today, Chris made me do it

image.jpg

Last edited:

qclabrat

[QUOTE="jumpa, post: 602089, member:

We heard you don't drink beer so..#rootbeerforschilling
View attachment 25959

I hope you like pizza cause @skyrokz ate enough for you and him
View attachment 25963

But it's crazy how such a small mountain bike community can get together to support someone who shares this little slice of earth with use and rides the same dirt we do. I'm sure we'll meet one day and you can give me tons of tips on how to get stronger and faster on my ss.

Get well soon ss bro! In the mean time maybe we can take the edge off while we suffer to the top of the climbs for ya!

View attachment 25962[/QUOTE]
Picked up a six pack of craft rootbeer at Wegmans after Sourlands
image.jpg

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Lol my boy grabbed a brake rotor one time... cut em pretty good. He put his hand behind his back because he thought he was going to get in trouble. Tough little dude! (Hasn't touched a moving rotor since..... I have a similar story from my childhood, it was a red hot stove)

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Today is my daughter's baptism and I'm putting in a prayer request for you and your family.

I'm not good with words so I apologize I couldn't make this a more inspiring post.... we'll be thinking and praying for you today. Keep on pedaling!

Last edited:
Top Bottom