Send all your thoughts & prayers to Schilling

Uzzi_SL

20150924_180225.jpg
This ride was for you Chris

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Starting my ride this morning, in the dark, the sky was not as clear as the last few mornings but I could still see the stars through the thin clouds. It was a bit humid for a late September morning and warmer than the past few and the dew was promising to be thick. As dawn approached, the sky turned a dull pink that ever so gradually became deeper and deeper to the point that the woods I was passing seemed to be on fire. As sunrise came closer the pink turned to a dull orange and the sky took on a painted look with some long, strung out clouds on the horizon. I hit a field with a full eastern view about a min before the sun peeked over the horizon. It wasn't the most spectacular sky I have seen this week but I have seen it nonetheless and I, we are seeing them for you.

I hope in your mind's eye that you are seeing the sun rising as I just explained and even though the night you may be seeing has lasted longer than you would like, your dawn will come gradual.

8D939333-4E58-4A39-9B46-7BB05C9B3C71_zpsqmn2qp5w.jpg

Last edited:

Mountain Bike Mike

Starting my ride this morning, in the dark, the sky was not as clear as the last few mornings but I could still see the stars through the thin clouds. It was a bit humid for a late September morning and warmer than the past few and the dew was promising to be thick. As dawn approached, the sky turned a dull pink that ever so gradually became deeper and deeper to the point that the woods I was passing seemed to be on fire. As sunrise came closer the pink turned to a dull orange and the sky took on a painted look with some ling, strung out clouds on the horizon. I hit a field with a full eastern view about a min before the sun peeked over the horizon. It wasn't the most spectacular sky I have seen this week but I have seen it nonetheless and I, we are seeing them for you.

I hope in your mind's eye that you are seeing the sun rising as I just explained and even though the night you may be seeing has lasted longer than you would like, your dawn will come gradual.

:thumbsup: NICE! APPLAUSE!

Frank

Sasquatch
Attach1.jpg
Attach0_2.jpg
I'm reminded of a JORBA ride at Jungle some years ago. We finished the ride and headed to High Point brewery for a "tour" and some samples, but there was no food. We were all hungry so we walked a block or two away and found a small restaurant nearby and a fairly large group of us sat down for some lunch. On the menu was an extremely large double burger, the waiter said that no one ever finishes it because it's so big. Schilling and I took that as a challenge and we each ordered one, and he managed to finish his before I did......I must say I was both amazed and annoyed that he beat me ;). I know some photos exist of these gargantuan burgers, but sadly I don't possess any, but it was the first time I experienced Schillings appetite.

Edit: thanks @Mitch for sending the pics

Last edited:

de00304

I broke out my old ss-converted Merlin and did my usual Friday morning loop up at Tranquility on it for Chris. This bike usually only sees action once a year at SSAP, so I am pretty bad at it, and the Ditch climb up isn't what I would call "ss friendly". I am sure Chris would have a different opinion!

IMG_8502.jpg

woody

Hey my brother!

What's this I hear about you slacking off the past few days? Doesn't sound like your style at all.

I've been adventuring in Nevada & Utah all week. Ever since hearing about your crash on Sunday, I've been thinking and talking about you constantly; so much that it almost feels like you're here biking & camping with us.
Yesterday, Sarah and I opted for double dessert instead of a beer with dinner - some wisdom that she gleaned from you last time we all camped together. :)
Looking forward to riding/camping/chilling with you again soon!

They say that when people recover from serious injuries like yours, the experience makes them a better/stronger person. If that's true, I'm eager to see the amazing superhuman that emerges from this mess... can't imagine an even better version of you!

I'm glad to hear you're in the company of what sounds like an incredible family; I'm looking forward to meeting them soon - hope you don't mind if I swing by for a visit when I get back to NJ on Sunday?

Until then, rest up, heal up, and enjoy all the great and well-deserved things that everyone's saying about you here. But don't expect all this to continue after you're back on your feet... then it's back to good-natured ball-busting, as it should be!

Love you man,
-Woody

PS: I hope your true siblings don't mind that I call you 'my brother'. I don't use that word lightly, or mean for it to diminish their special relationship with you. I also have many siblings, and I'm feeling the same kind of pain for you now as I do when one of them is injured.

JoeLee

Starting my ride this morning, in the dark, the sky was not as clear as the last few mornings but I could still see the stars through the thin clouds. It was a bit humid for a late September morning and warmer than the past few and the dew was promising to be thick. As dawn approached, the sky turned a dull pink that ever so gradually became deeper and deeper to the point that the woods I was passing seemed to be on fire. As sunrise came closer the pink turned to a dull orange and the sky took on a painted look with some long, strung out clouds on the horizon. I hit a field with a full eastern view about a min before the sun peeked over the horizon. It wasn't the most spectacular sky I have seen this week but I have seen it nonetheless and I, we are seeing them for you.

Terrific post - you captured what we are all feeling.

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
As the sun sets on another pretty fall day, I'm making my way to Vermont - a place that @Schilling thoroughly enjoyed this summer including the week at the team rental at Kingdom Trails. Reading the stories here and on FB and looking at all the pictures from the various parts of his life- family, old friends, work friends, loved ones, bike friends, I realize: he is doing life right. He's inspiring. He's a connector. He's someone who really really deserves to keep doing that, and more. Sending positive thoughts and strength to his family to keep talking to him and letting him know we are all here waiting for him.

jumpa

You were talked about and kept in mind today on our small group ride with @1sh0t1b33r and @skyrokz . 1shot even converted his full squish to single so he could suffer while we hauled ass up the hills today. And he has shity knees.
I was even late for the meet up. My excuse seemed fitting, I just told the boys I drove to trail on the highway in only second gear cause singlespeedforschilling haha.

We heard you don't drink beer so..#rootbeerforschilling
20150925_192601.jpg

I hope you like pizza cause @skyrokz ate enough for you and him
20150925_192442.jpg

But it's crazy how such a small mountain bike community can get together to support someone who shares this little slice of earth with use and rides the same dirt we do. I'm sure we'll meet one day and you can give me tons of tips on how to get stronger and faster on my ss.

Get well soon ss bro! In the mean time maybe we can take the edge off while we suffer to the top of the climbs for ya!

IMG_4859.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom