seans training blog:

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
A slower, less skilled version of my former self will be appearing in the Northern New Jersey area during the week after Christmas, and would like to flounder about on the rocky trails in the Mahlon and Mooch area with you. More details to come. :getsome:
A faster, bearded version of my former self can't wait! If it helps any you're also welcome to stay at my house for whatever part of the visit you may need to................

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Alright. I'll be arriving in Philly on the 26th and will likely be there a day or two before heading north on the train. So, I'll probably be looking to ride sometime the week after Christmas and the weekend immediately after New Years. I'll have more specific details and dates once I'm there. Until then, I continue to get fatter.:popcorn:

xc62701

Alright. I'll be arriving in Philly on the 26th and will likely be there a day or two before heading north on the train. So, I'll probably be looking to ride sometime the week after Christmas and the weekend immediately after New Years. I'll have more specific details and dates once I'm there. Until then, I continue to get fatter.:popcorn:

When are you leaving? I'm heading out to Utah until the 4th leaving the 26th. You gonna be around when I get back?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Help!!

:whoopdedo

I'm stuck at Chicago O'Hare. Send beer to Terminal H1B, quick! I refuse to pay $7 for another Sam Adams!

gtluke

The Moped
That sucks. I heard they upped the safety regulations because they failed to catch yet another terrorist by taking off his shoes.

BiknBen

Fred and I traveled north to show Sean the new trails that have popped up in Ringwood since he left. Hardtail 70 rounded out our group of 4.

There was about 2" on crunchy snow on the trails. Trails were ridable but slow. 3 of us were on SS so that didn't help us. The tough uphill sections had to be walked. We found good traction in the snow and were able to ride plenty of stuff. Brett had gears and studded tires so he was able to go as long as his legs would propel him. Many of the rock gardens had filled in with snow and made it a little easier to get though.

Here is what Sean looks like these days. I was expecting a longer beard. :popcorn:
CIMG6953Small.jpg

Brett (Hardtail70)
CIMG6954Small.jpg

Fred (ArmyofNone) followed by Brett
CIMG6962Small.jpg

I switched to video mode when Sean found a big log to play on.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Haha! I totally missed seeing that post, Ben. Obviously... That was just about the smoothest crash I've ever had.

Best part of living in Alaska:

Having a valid reason to make, own and use these:

4380654908_9d997e8daf.jpg

:getsome:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
SPD compatible crampons. They're the bindings and crampons from a pair of snowshoes drilled to take an SPD cleat. They strap onto whichever shoes/boots will be ideal for the day. Trails are icy right now.

Top Bottom