Science is looking up

Elon predicted a 66% chance of failure. the fire went out quickly, and lots of parts still there.
wonder if it was fuel exhaustion? Could have used some telemetry too.
It blew up pretty well, so I think it still had plenty of fuel. I was thinking it may have been low too because it was burning for a while on just one engine. Didn't know if they couldn't shut it down, or if they were testing thrust/efficiency if they just had one burning.
1607607688096.png
Low tank pressure could be why one of the engines shut down since there was only one running at the very end. Not enough thrust to slow down.

Either way, that was a good watch. Watching that thing fall and then relight and flip was nuts. And It landed on the pad. 99% success!
1607607908942.png
This would have only been better if the corn silo blew up in atmosphere and rained down popcorn.

Last edited:
This would have only been better if the corn silo blew up in atmosphere and rained down popcorn.
Wood have been genius. Real Genius....
200.gif

Either way - i saw it at 6ish last night - better with binoculars.
a decent telescope might get them in the same field of view right now.

My 4 year old got a telescope for Christmas.

This is awesome, definitely going to have santa hook up daddy my future 4yo next year, she will love it. Or maybe bump it up tp her 4th bday in June. Anything to feed the endless curiosity at this age!

While I never became a huge space buff I still feel the same awe and wonder towards it to this day. I remember how captivated I was by space and the shuttle program as a kid. Did anyone have a young astronauts club in their school? I think this certainly fueled it, and getting back to the Challenger doc I think the hype around the shuttle program at that time was why things like young astronauts existed. Hoping to get my daughter feeling the same way as we slowly work towards a new era of space travel and exploration.

Back
Top Bottom