Science is looking up

Launch is tonight at 9:16 - look south!
it is clear out - should be able to see this one for a long time!

Looked.
Saw nothing.

Anyone watch the Netflix doc on Challener? I watched the first 3 parts last night. Coming home and seeing this on the news was one of my earliest childhood memories (I was 4 1/2), and I always admired the space shuttle program, but I never dug deep into this. There's a big focus on Christa McAuliffe but they seem to be doing a good job of breaking down the problems the shuttle program faced.

not yet, it is on my list.

Just watched the launch - very cool, could see it for 5 minutes.
also saw a shooting star, and mars is next to the full moon!

Launch is tonight at 9:16 - look south!
it is clear out - should be able to see this one for a long time!

Had a look but no luck for me. Literally no light to the north for me, but to the south I had my neighbor's bright ass lights in my face along with the Bound Brook football stadium lights in the background. Maybe next time!

Anyone watch the Netflix doc on Challener? I watched the first 3 parts last night. Coming home and seeing this on the news was one of my earliest childhood memories (I was 4 1/2), and I always admired the space shuttle program, but I never dug deep into this. There's a big focus on Christa McAuliffe but they seem to be doing a good job of breaking down the problems the shuttle program faced.
We watched. Was good.
I remember being brought into the cafeteria one grade at a time to watch on the news in 3rd grade.

Looks like a good opportunity to see the ISS Monday if the weather cooperates

View attachment 140644

that is an interesting one - climb to almost directly overhead, it will disappear into earth shadow just past there.

I'll keep my head up while walking the dog tomorrow morning. Too bad it was super cloudy this morning.

damn, i forgot to look for the comet - I was looking in that direction too.

anyway, before the clouds came in, it was a perfect night for stargazing.
Went out back and sat in the anti gravity chair and laid back. Then a deer huffed and scared the crap out of me.
Couldn't locate it, and it kept doing it, so didn't chance it - went and sat on my front porch -
This is a bonus because it faces the constellation Leo. Saw a couple of good meteor flashes and one iridium flare.
The flare was cool because i picked up the moving dot and was tracking it when it happened.

next time the comet, hopefully soon while the moon is only in the evening sky

Back
Top Bottom