Round Valley Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Soooo, you basically left it worse than it was when you find it...did I get it right?

Exactly.
This is a pattern I've noticed for the last 40 years or so. Probably before that to, but the files were destroyed.

Patrick

Staff member
The usually overgrown sections are very overgrown:
Switchbacks, the part before the campground split, the section with the private link to the house.

Good news - that hanging trunk i spotted in the spring is no longer hanging! bad news, it is blocking the trail near the private trail.
can get under it sortof.

Number of trees across red in the puke hill area. One in the new section.
Some tire swallowing wash-outs between the dam road and parking lot.

This is the switchbacks coming through the fence.

1630858415902.png

The link to lebanon is completely blocked and very overgrown. Even the paved road to the path is overgrown.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Ouch.

I was going to reach out to the park to do a trimming session this fall. But I'll probably be donating my time to Kirt & CR for the foreseeable future.

terrabike01

The usually overgrown sections are very overgrown:
Switchbacks, the part before the campground split, the section with the private link to the house.

Good news - that hanging trunk i spotted in the spring is no longer hanging! bad news, it is blocking the trail near the private trail.
can get under it sortof.

Number of trees across red in the puke hill area. One in the new section.
Some tire swallowing wash-outs between the dam road and parking lot.

View attachment 166538

The link to lebanon is completely blocked and very overgrown. Even the paved road to the path is overgrown.
Is that the entrance to the bat cave Batman lol. I may head there tomorrow. Should I wear long sleeves? lol Maybe a 7mm wet suit

Patrick

Staff member
Gates are open at the boat launch - probably can't park there on the weekends until Dec 1.

Logs are cleared from the south lot to the second campground split plus 100' (there was one in-sight.)

that leaves a couple up the mountain, and all that trimming.

the wash-out on the trail between the south lot and the south dam access road is bad - be careful if you like to bomb that area.
(and who doesn't after all that climbing)

Last edited:

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Patrick Wish I realized that was you today, I would have taken my earbuds out to talk! Does no one use the switchbacks anymore, even to descend, they seemed Jurassic? Thanks for all the clean-up you are doing!!

Patrick

Staff member
@Patrick Wish I realized that was you today, I would have taken my earbuds out to talk! Does no one use the switchbacks anymore, even to descend, they seemed Jurassic? Thanks for all the clean-up you are doing!!

The hikers walk right by it - i guess the newbie cyclists do too.

Hoping to get there soon.

I had a brain fart, and didn't recognize you - not sure we've ever met without helmets on!

Patrick

Staff member
Hurray! Gates are open! This changes things. But why can’t you park there until December on weekends?

Trout season ends. They have a guard gate up. Maybe that was preventing overflows from swimming areas? Will see.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions