Round Valley Conditions

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where is there a pay phone?
You should slow down and look around once in a while. See Woody's map.

1640367348517.png

Cutting

Does anyone know the Round Valley hours? Google tells me 8:00am-8:00pm. I was thinking about tying to ride before work @ 6:00 am with lights. Is this possible? Or would I be breaking some serious rules. Would parking be possible before operating hours?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Does anyone know the Round Valley hours? Google tells me 8:00am-8:00pm. I was thinking about tying to ride before work @ 6:00 am with lights. Is this possible? Or would I be breaking some serious rules. Would parking be possible before operating hours?

You can go in early - the main gate will be closed - and it is more sunrise to sunset plus 30.
Nobody will bother you if you park in the Cush lot or boat ramp this time of year.
6:00 is close enough to sunrise right now for my book. YMMV

Cutting

You can go in early - the main gate will be closed - and it is more sunrise to sunset plus 30.
Nobody will bother you if you park in the Cush lot or boat ramp this time of year.
6:00 is close enough to sunrise right now for my book. YMMV
Thanks for the feedback.

Ejd

Does Round Valley dry out better than other trails around here? Why do people act like they hate this place?

TomS887

Does Round Valley dry out better than other trails around here? Why do people act like they hate this place?
i love Round Valley, it does dry out quicker in most places, but that’s because it is pretty rugged overall, with lots of steep climbs and descents. Even the “flowiest” bits of trail near the summit can be a little janky at speed since the trail is not the smoothest. But I think it’s a fun challenge and adventure, and never crowded. The only time I don’t like it is when the thorns get overgrown on the summit.
It also is rather remote, so bring emergency tools if you need to fix a flat or something, it’s a long hike back.

Ejd

I have not ridden here. But it's close to work. I go to Chimney Rock regularly and I do like the rocky janky stuff. I guess I'll have to try it for myself. Thanks everyone

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Starting at the boat launch (which is only possible in the off season) makes the ride much more fun. The beach trails are a great start and finish. The stuff in the middle is what it is. The climbs are long and steep and so are the downhills.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Round Valley is awesome. People that don't like it are silly.

I've been called worse by better 😜

I have not ridden here. But it's close to work. I go to Chimney Rock regularly and I do like the rocky janky stuff. I guess I'll have to try it for myself. Thanks everyone

It's worth riding if you live or work nearby. It's a 40 minute drive for me, and my opinion is that there's nothing interesting enough there to be worth driving there. It does have some good climbs though.

Ejd

I've been called worse by better 😜

It's worth riding if you live or work nearby. It's a 40 minute drive for me, and my opinion is that there's nothing interesting enough there to be worth driving there. It does have some good climbs though.
Thanks. I'm not new enough or naive enough to believe everything Jim says

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions