Ringwood State Park Conditions

Sergey

I think it's Black Bear trail where a big tree went down last summer. Nice job!
If you continue from Black Bear to parking lot С, there's a pond there called Frog pond, but the nearby trail on some maps is marked as Duck pond trail.

serviceguy

I think it's Black Bear trail where a big tree went down last summer. Nice job!
If you continue from Black Bear to parking lot С, there's a pond there called Frog pond, but the nearby trail on some maps is marked as Duck pond trail.
Ok, so...I believe you mean turtle pond...according to trailforks duck pond is actually the name of a trail and not an actual pond. There's a bunch on ponds around here but I could not find neither a duck nor a frog pond...I'm not the biggest fan of black bear, I usually start climbing up to 6 bridges on Ringwood-Ramapo. I must have not done black bear for a while, we cleaned up most fallen tree last august after the big storm, this must have been gone undetected then...

OK, I see that turtle pond is called duck pond on the RSP official map.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Isn’t that trail as one heads south called the Duck Pond Primer on Strava?
80DBB89D-CF4F-4751-B639-2F8F9DFC4CC8.png

serviceguy

Tree down at the alligator, partially blocks acces to the sewer line at the log over, not fully blocking the trail but definitely requires dismount (or monkey level dexterity). Huge tree blocks Millie White at the ruins, probably needs the park to take care of it.
6988AE2E-A3A1-420C-9F30-164E23E97237.jpeg

serviceguy

crap I must be too- I practically rubbed my entire body up and down that thing getting over it...
There aren't many poison ivy leaves on the trunk. I did a very stupid thing and rubbed one PI leaf on my left wrist to check if I had any reaction...nothing. I wouldn't recommend doing it to anyone anyway.

bucknejo

Hey everyone,
Did anyone ride ringwood since the hurricane? I was looking to go tonight or tomorrow morning. Thanks in advance.

hi - I rode there today and it was pretty decent. there was some standing water in a few places but overall just tacky.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions