Ringwood State Park Conditions

chris12453

What does the park look like after IDA? I trail ran through some of wayway the other day, and a lot of stuff was pretty wet and/or underwater. I know Ringwood doesn't drain nearly as well as Wayway, so curious.

Cannonbill

It was a lot of water, I rode Saturday and Monday. Lots of visible water erosion on white uphill from Weble pond. Running water up to warm puppy from lot c. Standing water on the state line train in normal spots. All the work done to manage water looks to have been effective on Stateline, but erosion from running water is evident.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Rode last night and Double S/6 Bridges/Renegade/Warm Puppy were pretty good. Streams running high and a couple puddles but not terrible. Fire road erosion was pretty evident and lower White was still wet with running water.

onetracker

Rode last night and Double S/6 Bridges/Renegade/Warm Puppy were pretty good. Streams running high and a couple puddles but not terrible. Fire road erosion was pretty evident and lower White was still wet with running water.
Agreed. Rode yesterday myself. Some mud holes. Fire roads were pretty beat up. I am shocked regarding the fact that anything at RW is still wet. Usually drys so fast. A testament to the amount of rain that has fallen recently. Going to be awhile until White and the Race Trail by Shepherds are totally dry.

bucknejo

Agreed. Rode yesterday myself. Some mud holes. Fire roads were pretty beat up. I am shocked regarding the fact that anything at RW is still wet. Usually drys so fast. A testament to the amount of rain that has fallen recently. Going to be awhile until White and the Race Trail by Shepherds are totally dry.

Rode yesterday - segment accessible via intersection of Sterling Mine Road and Long Meadow Road. I basically rode up to Lot A, then back down again. Almost all tacky except for the downhill that starts at the Alligator - there are some stream gaps here where the mud is still fresh so I'd say avoid this piece if possible.

Looks like more rain this afternoon so go right now or wait another couple days.

onetracker

Rode yesterday - segment accessible via intersection of Sterling Mine Road and Long Meadow Road. I basically rode up to Lot A, then back down again. Almost all tacky except for the downhill that starts at the Alligator - there are some stream gaps here where the mud is still fresh so I'd say avoid this piece if possible.

Looks like more rain this afternoon so go right now or wait another couple days.
Also, there is a new fallen tree just below the Gator.

serviceguy

Anyone have a conditions report? Hiked yesterday at Harriman and there was a bunch of standing water holes.
I haven’t had a chance to go out but it’s going to rain again tonight and tomorrow, so it doesn’t look too good.

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Most trails on the north side of the park are in good shape as of yesterday. There are some spots with standing water, also a few trees down. However, rain is expected tonight so not sure how the weekend will be.

serviceguy

Most trails on the north side of the park are in good shape as of yesterday. There are some spots with standing water, also a few trees down. However, rain is expected tonight so not sure how the weekend will be.
Are the down trees the size an awesome hand saw would be able to take care of?

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
The one on the race course is more than 14 inches diameter. Art plans to get in there with a saw in the next 2-4 days. The one on Cooper Union is about 10-12. Maybe a hand saw on that one.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Art took care of the tree on Cooper Union. He hopes to get up into the park to take care of one on racecourse. If there are more trees down in other locations, please let us know. This may be our last time up there for the next 6 months, so would like to get as much as possible while we have the saw in there. Thanks!

serviceguy

Art took care of the tree on Cooper Union. He hopes to get up into the park to take care of one on racecourse. If there are more trees down in other locations, please let us know. This may be our last time up there for the next 6 months, so would like to get as much as possible while we have the saw in there. Thanks!
Thank you, I intended to get out there and take care of it on Saturday but the weather had other plans. I ended up not leaving the house the whole weekend as yesterday was the only day I had left to blow some leaves, we're not even halfway with the leaves falling off our trees and the amount on the ground is just discouraging.

And yet, having a big sugar maple tree taken down due to its rotting core really saddened me in spite of the tons of leaves it sheds every year.
tree.jpg

The giant hornet nest that was on one of its lower branches not so much.
hornets.jpg

Sergey

Well, nobody rides there, not even on the map, but for what it's worth... There's a huge tree and multiple smaller ones on top of it, - on an unnamed trail right by Turtle pond (that branches off Duck pond trail, it's south of lot C). The access is super easy if one parks illegally on Skylands Rd. by the pond.

Will

not sure it's technically Ringwood but some trees down on the red/yellow trails if going from TOS to Ligenstein

Fatcatarlo

Hey Just an FYI/caution poison ivy covered Tree down on Shepherds pond trail. I think you can get the rash from contacting the vine or branches.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions