Regarding the hunters....

thanks for clearing that up Panhead.

so I guess we only have to worry about FFT, his weapon of choice and his crack pipe.

...and I dont wear Italian shoes. I am a MAN afterall - I wear cheap hiking boots when I ride in the winter. however, I do wear and look fantastic in tights.

Hunter pays $$ to gain access to a public park, buys arrows, clothes, stuff that smells like deer piss, applies deer piss scent to the clothes, wakes up early, humps gear into woods, has less than 10% chance of taking a deer, gets lucky, kills deer, takes deer to butcher - or butchers himself, eventually feeds his family meat that he put on the table.

If you want to get technical, the money that is spent to buy all the gear, licenses and the cost of butchering the deer and such is most likely far more expensive to a family than to just go to the store and buy some food. For most people it is a hobby, not a lifestyle as most people don't hunt between say March and September.

Also, it is the hunters choice to get up early and sit in a the tree freezing, much the same as it is our choice to do the same on a bike. So no, I will not feel for the guy that has a 10% chance because he is choosing to be out there.

If you want to rant about killing food yourself, do it without the means of the advance technolgy in today bows, guns, scopes, etc. and then we will talk.

If you want to get technical, the money that is spent to buy all the gear, licenses and the cost of butchering the deer and such is most likely far more expensive to a family than to just go to the store and buy some food.

Not "most likely" - it is more expensive. My step-father and all his buddies did it as a hobby. Just the butcher alone was well on the way to covering what the meat would just cost in the store. Then you ended up with way more deer meat than you could possibly want to eat in a year. Also, cost of freezer and the cost to store the meat comes into play.

I'm sure someone will chime in that real men don't let other men cut their meat, shave their legs, etc etc. But these people likely all have satellite dishes nailed to their roof so there ya go.

If you want to rant about killing food yourself, do it without the means of the advance technolgy in today bows, guns, scopes, etc. and then we will talk.

Ya FFT, use you keen sense of smell, hearing, sharp claws, blazing speed, powerful jaws and giant canines to hunt your prey!!! :rofl:

thanks for clearing that up Panhead.
so I guess we only have to worry about FFT, his weapon of choice and his crack pipe. QUOTE]

Don't worry about FFT's shot, bow hunters are the most responsable shots out there. He's only on the rock after work.

I will have to assume your bike of choice is a Penny-Farthing since you have a dislike for modern improvements.

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills. You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills

large.jpg

I use a circa 1850's piano string.

You should drop out of the tree and strangle the deer with it like a circa 1970's gangster. That would be a serious tough guy hunting skill, no doubt.:)

For the record, I am not ani-hunting, or anti-gun.

Is it any lamer than you walking your smart ass into a grocery market? I can only imagine what the guy in camo thinks about some weekend warior decked out in lycra tip-toeing around in a pair of italian shoes. The deer and hunters where in Hartshorn well before suberbia and bikes. Oh, and on top of taxes - NJ hunters contribute directly to parks and services, what do you contribute besides criticism? Give me a wave next time you see me in a tree.:2guns:

Actually it was ME that poked a little fun at the Cammo... I thought it was amusing that a man would get into all the Rambo gear for nothing more than reconnaissance of a park that would be hunt free for another month. As a cyclist I know a thing or two about the fetishist aspect of sport :D. I imagine it is no different for a hunter. I didn’t write any of it to point fun at an ideology. It is, after all, a hobby. The tone of your subsequent posts suggest that you live in an isolated, solar-powered cabin, away from suburbia, eating only what you kill and wearing nothing but pelts: Completely independent of the trappings of our pampered suburban lifestyles. If so, you have my admiration and respect. I couldn’t do it, I’m resigned to my pasty mediocrity, and to buying meat and fish at the store. Anyway, no harm intended and sorry if I offended. I said it all in fun because I’m just reluctant to share a little patch of wilderness that I’m used to accessing whenever I feel like it, even if only for a couple of weeks.

hunting in small county parks

for a long time there was no hunting in the Morris county parks, but because of the obvious de-forestation they now set aside a week or two for hunting. It is all in a concerted effort to improve the parks eco system.

If you want to get technical, the money that is spent to buy all the gear, licenses and the cost of butchering the deer and such is most likely far more expensive to a family than to just go to the store and buy some food. For most people it is a hobby, not a lifestyle as most people don't hunt between say March and September.

Also, it is the hunters choice to get up early and sit in a the tree freezing, much the same as it is our choice to do the same on a bike. So no, I will not feel for the guy that has a 10% chance because he is choosing to be out there.

If you want to rant about killing food yourself, do it without the means of the advance technolgy in today bows, guns, scopes, etc. and then we will talk.[/QUOTE]

i have a good friend that lives in the middle of minnesota in the woods at a survivalist camp. those dudes eat road kill. wanna talk about being self sufficiant, lol.

Ok, tough guys, fess up. Who cried when Old Yeller got shot at the end?

couldnt tell ya. i wasnt sure what he was wearing when he almost lost his feet do to frostbite. i can tell you that whatever he wears are eco friendly. before becoming he was a survivalist he was mr super save the planet, animal rights activist. now he will anly eat meat as a means of survival.

don't forget that you cant hunt with real guns in jersey. you have to use 300 year old guns or bow and arrow.
the effective range and accuracy is a lot worse than you probably think.
because there is no hunting anywhere near me, i'm almost positive i can go hunting in my hard with a baseball bat and feed the homeless for a year. that and i can't plant ANYTHING because 10 minutes later it's eaten. the fucking dear ate my Halloween pumpkin. this year

Back
Top Bottom