Regarding the hunters....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
that and i can't plant ANYTHING because 10 minutes later it's eaten. the fucking dear ate my Halloween pumpkin. this year

Squirrels got ours - they're faster than the deer. The deer won't go onto the porch until it gets really bad out. In order to grow anything we have to be militant about spraying it with the anti-deer stuff. Even then, they sometimes get it. I find you have to almost spray the area in napalm-like style to keep them away. I may just plop plastic flowers in the ground this year.

Maurice

don't forget that you cant hunt with real guns in jersey. you have to use 300 year old guns or bow and arrow.

This is not reassuring.

I have come across hunters while riding in the woods at night. Scared the crap out of me, but they were cool. Is hunting at night allowed BTW, or did they get "lost" like myself?

Panhead

My wife made up some homemade mess from the internet, kept the deer away from her flowers, damn near killed the flowers in the process. I once had a groundhog eat my sunflowers, chased that bstard around the house with a shovel.

Wobbegong

My wife made up some homemade mess from the internet, kept the deer away from her flowers, damn near killed the flowers in the process. I once had a groundhog eat my sunflowers, chased that bstard around the house with a shovel.

I have declared war on the groundhog by my house. The f*cker climbs onto my deck railing and runs to each flowerbox and destroys them. He is on borrowed time.

Wobbegong

don't forget that you cant hunt with real guns in jersey. you have to use 300 year old guns or bow and arrow.
the effective range and accuracy is a lot worse than you probably think.

Modern Muzzleloaders can be real accurate.

sixseven

I got a Daisy bb gun when I was a kid. I aimed it at a bird and pulled the trigger. I thought the gun would not be too accurate. The bird fell out of the tree dead and I buried it while I cried.
I am kind of a puss when it comes to killing what I eat, preferring to hunt at Trader Joes.

I do love eating what others have hunted. Moose meat is a favorite, had plenty of that in Vermont and wished I had a source for it here. That makes a great stew.

I ate some whale meat on the Japanese whaling fleet mothership a few years ago. I felt incredibly guilty about it.

NJ is pretty crowded. Probably more deer are killed by cars here than by guns. Most hunting accidents are hunters shooting other hunters standing next to them.

Top Bottom