Ray's MTB Park

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Hey guys & gals im going to Rays this weekend,never been there but 3 of the guys im drivin out with have.I'll take a bunch of pics for you folks.

D

DANSPANK

Nice, I'm waiting to get a business trip out there so I can spend the day!

T

triameleon

Just got back from ray's...

I would be interested to know your impressions and see your picts. You will have a good time and boost your tech skills a bit.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
That is a long drive.. I drove 15 hours last weekend up to Jay peak and back. I don't want to be in the car more than I have to for a while.

Have fun.

bikeboy566

Shop Keep
That is a long drive.. I drove 15 hours last weekend up to Jay peak and back. I don't want to be in the car more than I have to for a while.

Have fun.

Its cool,driving out in a buddys avalance with playstation and dvd player,so we can watch vids play games.

bikeboy566

Shop Keep
Yo Bros, just got done doing first ride this fri, you this place is so dope,the stunts are rad and the vibe is so chill,We met Ray and he told us about the plans for next year. If you get a chance to get there then do it its soooo worth the trip.ill put pic up when i get back.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Yo Bros, just got done doing first ride this fri, you this place is so dope,the stunts are rad and the vibe is so chill,We met Ray and he told us about the plans for next year. If you get a chance to get there then do it its soooo worth the trip.ill put pic up when i get back.

Tell Ray that there's a guy named Jay in NJ who wants to open Jay's MTB Park. :D

If only I had the money. :(

Where are the pics?

Last edited:
T

triameleon

he's got picts?! i thought they were all but eliminated or bred into the scots....

funny, I have always used that shorthand version of pictures, i am half scottish, I have riden at Ray's on Jason's old epic, wierd.

To try to stay on topic: A ray's in NYC area don't think it would work, too expensive and too many trails that can be riden pretty much year round, althoug I could be wrong.

jdog

Shop Keep
Very nice.. I like!

Just out of curiosity, what is the best tire for riding on wood?

K-Rads work well I bet??

j

walter

Fourth Party
Just out of curiosity, what is the best tire for riding on wood?

K-Rads work well I bet??

j

I would think k-rads would be a good choice, a fine tire, though I cant say that I have ridden on any trees with them

jdog

Shop Keep
5 bt

I would think k-rads would be a good choice, a fine tire, though I cant say that I have ridden on any trees with them

I have used the 2.3's to do the 5 boro tour. They work very well on the potholes of the Bronx, even in heavy rain.

At one point I was maxing out my gearing in a paceline with about 12 very serious roadies. We went over a big lip on a bridge and I heard about 6 pinch flats in a row. I just kept going with my mt bike in urban assault mode. Pretty fun actually. Maybe I will do it again this year.

j

anrothar

entirely thrilled
irc el gato. big, squarish, firm sidewalls and grippy. made specifically for trials. they work great on anything similar.

Top Bottom