Ray's MTB Park

i would get hurt there.

Ray's must have some great insurance going. I am sure that blood speckles the floor. :hmmm:

It looks to be a ton of fun. If it were closer I might consider the drive. How far was it??

j

it's about 6-7 hours straight out 80, an easy drive, not much more than some of the farther VT mnts. Any skill level will have a good time. it's just that beginners just won't have as many options to ride. I see a range of tires from skinny xc to fat DH tires, the demo bikes use a park style tire similar to a hookworm(tire). Have never witnessed any spilled blood but there have been a few minor accidents, but every one walked away. not much more dangerous than your average mtb ride. Ray said he got insurance from a company that specializes in indoor recreation centers/skateparks.

it's about 6-7 hours straight out 80, an easy drive, not much more than some of the farther VT mnts. Any skill level will have a good time. it's just that beginners just won't have as many options to ride. I see a range of tires from skinny xc to fat DH tires, the demo bikes use a park style tire similar to a hookworm(tire). Have never witnessed any spilled blood but there have been a few minor accidents, but every one walked away. not much more dangerous than your average mtb ride. Ray said he got insurance from a company that specializes in indoor recreation centers/skateparks.

Nice... How can you be both in Wyoming and NJ?? I left an ACL in Wyoming once.

j

Just out of curiosity, what is the best tire for riding on wood?

K-Rads work well I bet??

j

Hey J
the tire o f choice i seen out there is the Maxxis Holy Roller,most guys are useing that,I had the specialized street tire that is on the P-1as far as ''blood spatter'' i only seen one bad wreck,a guys was going off the drop sec. and just didnt lift his front wheel up and just flipped over the front end ,and hit the trannie,he got up and walked away fine.It took us about 7 hrs to get there and about 8hrs on the way back.It wasent that bad of a ride i thought.

Nice... How can you be both in Wyoming and NJ?? I left an ACL in Wyoming once.

j
I have been offered a job there in May so i will be leaving NJ soon. so I am kind of in transition. actually the last two years I have lived more in Utah then in NJ, so maybe it should be UT/WY/nj

I have been offered a job there in May so i will be leaving NJ soon. so I am kind of in transition. actually the last two years I have lived more in Utah then in NJ, so maybe it should be UT/WY/nj

i have always been intrigued by the fact that you bounce around like that. what kind of job are you taking, if you don't mind me asking?

Don't mind at all.

I am working with the NPS concessionare Xanterra parks and resorts. I will be a Bell porter at Grant village in Yellowstone. Had the same type of job at Bryce canyon NP. Didn't really intend to go this route but I was laid off from the env. lab I worked at and decided to see if there was a way to travel out west and still make a little money, it works for now.

that is fantastic! that is something i wish i had the courage to do when i finished school; i am almost envious of you. best of luck.

Neat job

I am working with the NPS concessionare Xanterra parks and resorts. I will be a Bell porter at Grant village in Yellowstone. Had the same type of job at Bryce canyon NP. Didn't really intend to go this route but I was laid off from the env. lab I worked at and decided to see if there was a way to travel out west and still make a little money, it works for now.

That sounds like a bit neat job. I bet your learn a lot about the "quite" areas to ride. Utah is beautiful and has so much mtbiking, don't know about yellowstone. Good Luck in all your endevors.

That sounds like a bit neat job. I bet your learn a lot about the "quite" areas to ride. Utah is beautiful and has so much mtbiking, don't know about yellowstone. Good Luck in all your endevors.

thanks for all the kind words. I will be 45 minutes from jackson hole Wy, been biking there once before and it was amazing, no real biking to speak of in yellowstone but I am an avid hiker also ;) yeah I found a few not well known gems in Utah but nothing a little online research can't find.

Almost envious? maybe this will help;) Little Creek Mesa

hey look, i'm on the interweb - thanks tony! when r u gonna post the other pics ;)

Did you bike the Island in Utah?

I saw your pictures on yahoo photos. The salt lake city album is neat with that old Taj mal looking building. My friends in Park City said it was a real estate quest that went bust. I "Island" picture is great. I actually was mountain biking there last month. It was great. Would you believe, there are cows roaming up there! When you are up on the mountain, looking down seems like you are looking into a white salt ocean. wierd. Utah has some great rides.

thanks for all the kind words. I will be 45 minutes from jackson hole Wy, been biking there once before and it was amazing, no real biking to speak of in yellowstone but I am an avid hiker also ;) yeah I found a few not well known gems in Utah but nothing a little online research can't find.

Almost envious? maybe this will help;) Little Creek Mesa

I saw your pictures on yahoo photos. The salt lake city album is neat with that old Taj mal looking building. My friends in Park City said it was a real estate quest that went bust. I "Island" picture is great. I actually was mountain biking there last month. It was great. Would you believe, there are cows roaming up there! When you are up on the mountain, looking down seems like you are looking into a white salt ocean. wierd. Utah has some great rides.

interesting didn't know you could ride out there. I didn't do much riding in Salt lake city itself, just a stop over on my way home. How did you get to that island? I thought it was surrounded by water, but I couldn't see from there, so I guess it could actually be a peninsula. you could probably walk to it, salt lake didn't seem that deep.
Yeah that old bldg. was nice inside looked like it was an old ballroom type place. yes I certainly would believe there where cows there, I had to contend with them on most of the rides I did in utah as well.

Back
Top Bottom