For the last four months? 0 SS's
Today? 2 SS's!!!!

tempImage3exHVQ.jpg
IMG_2637.jpeg

IMG_2638.jpeg

IMG_2636.jpeg
IMG_2635.jpeg

Tale of the tape for each:

Moots Mooto-X - a few small changes, including a new BB standard. As a result of that, my old cranks wouldn't fit so I swapped them out. Other than that, the etched logo is now standard (previously, it was decals.) I like the look of the etched a lot more. It took forever to get this damn thing, so it's nice that it looks so good ...

China Carbon - Swapped out the Rock Shot squishy fork for a Whisky Rigid carbon. I just prefer this bike rigid - it makes it super light and since this is my unofficial-official Pines bike for winter riding, I don't really need it to be suspended. On a more interesting note for those of us who geek out on options to make a non-SS specific frame a SS, I had to change up the drivetrain to make this work. The existing shell is a BB30, which means it has a 42 mm shell width. The only option for an aftermarket EBB is the Squid Bikes (formerly Beer Components) option. But I wanted to get away from that because, while it's a decent enough option for a while, once the bearings start to gunk up (and they always do) it's all but impossible to do maintenance without destroying the outer shell. If a Bushnell EBB would fit, I'd have gone with that (even though it weighs a ton.) But since that won't fit, my options were limited. Even going geared is an expensive option here since I built the wheels with a SS hub. So I went with the Paul Components Melvin tensioner. The last time i had a tensioner, I ripped it apart in a few weeks. Will that happen here? Maybe, maybe not. The Melvin has a good reputation. But if it doesn't work, I think I'll bite the bullet and go geared. But until then, let's see how it plays out ...

Back
Top Bottom