Post your SS '20 Edition!

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't own it anymore. I actually sold it to buy my Mach 6.
It was a great bike. Would buy another if the opportunity presented itself.
20190208_190020.jpg

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed

So a not-so-quick update on this. The frame went back to Moots the first week of August, so I thought a month plus was a good time to check in. Typical turnaround with Moots is four-to-six weeks on a new order, so I figure a warranty would probably be around the same, possibly a little longer if they need to investigate the frame or something. So at five weeks, I called my shop for a status. He hadn't heard from Moots at all yet, so he contacted them and they told him it'd be eight weeks. Not eight weeks total. Eight MORE weeks. When he told me this, I just calmly said "Okay. Wow." and hung up the phone. I am, to put it mildly, "disappointed" by this news. I have been putting off taking vacation time from work until I got it back because I was hoping to salvage at least some good long off-road rides out of this bacon strip of a year, and do so during my favorite season, but this pretty much blows those ideas to hell.

I get that schedules and all that have been thrown into disarray and any number of things can explain this - from supply issues to backlogs in the ordering queue to even staff coming down with a potentially life threatening illness. And, yeah ... not having my high end recreational device returned to me in short order being my biggest disappointment right now shouts "first world problems" at the top of ... whatever lungs are shouting that kind of thing. It's both tone deaf as hell and kind of repugnant for me to sit here and act like I'm facing a legit crisis compared to so many, many other people right now. So I just can't bring myself to be a dick about this to anyone involved. This isn't a rag on Moots in any way. They make great bikes. But still ... I'm just really, really disappointed (is the only term I can think of.) I was picturing a few days in Rothrock during peak leaf season here beating my own ass on #PARocks in temps that don't make me feel like my brain is on fire, and then enjoying some post-ride beers at a campsite in perfect solitude. And now? I guess I'm just going to go hunting for more interesting roads in the area ... "woo-hoo", I guess.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
So a not-so-quick update on this. The frame went back to Moots the first week of August, so I thought a month plus was a good time to check in. Typical turnaround with Moots is four-to-six weeks on a new order, so I figure a warranty would probably be around the same, possibly a little longer if they need to investigate the frame or something. So at five weeks, I called my shop for a status. He hadn't heard from Moots at all yet, so he contacted them and they told him it'd be eight weeks. Not eight weeks total. Eight MORE weeks. When he told me this, I just calmly said "Okay. Wow." and hung up the phone. I am, to put it mildly, "disappointed" by this news. I have been putting off taking vacation time from work until I got it back because I was hoping to salvage at least some good long off-road rides out of this bacon strip of a year, and do so during my favorite season, but this pretty much blows those ideas to hell.

I get that schedules and all that have been thrown into disarray and any number of things can explain this - from supply issues to backlogs in the ordering queue to even staff coming down with a potentially life threatening illness. And, yeah ... not having my high end recreational device returned to me in short order being my biggest disappointment right now shouts "first world problems" at the top of ... whatever lungs are shouting that kind of thing. It's both tone deaf as hell and kind of repugnant for me to sit here and act like I'm facing a legit crisis compared to so many, many other people right now. So I just can't bring myself to be a dick about this to anyone involved. This isn't a rag on Moots in any way. They make great bikes. But still ... I'm just really, really disappointed (is the only term I can think of.) I was picturing a few days in Rothrock during peak leaf season here beating my own ass on #PARocks in temps that don't make me feel like my brain is on fire, and then enjoying some post-ride beers at a campsite in perfect solitude. And now? I guess I'm just going to go hunting for more interesting roads in the area ... "woo-hoo", I guess.

Would you want to go to work with all that great riding right in your backyard? Same reason it takes 6 months to get a pivot bolt from Santa Cruz. They're either getting high or riding bikes. That's why I only ride Foreign made bikes where they have some work ethic.

serviceguy

Would you want to go to work with all that great riding right in your backyard? Same reason it takes 6 months to get a pivot bolt from Santa Cruz. They're either getting high or riding bikes. That's why I only ride Foreign made bikes where they have some work ethic.
Interestingly enough it seems a selling point of the industry...

Sorry to hear, Marty. I understand that circumstances are a little strange right now but that wait for such a high end frame seems inexcusable. I cracked my ti frame after just a few months of ownership. Tom was super responsive and I had a replacement frame about 3 weeks from my initial contact with him. I hope your frame arrives sooner rather than later.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Sorry to hear, Marty. I understand that circumstances are a little strange right now but that wait for such a high end frame seems inexcusable. I cracked my ti frame after just a few months of ownership. Tom was super responsive and I had a replacement frame about 3 weeks from my initial contact with him. I hope your frame arrives sooner rather than later.

Thanks, Scott. Yeah, it does seem excessive. But I've been doing a lot of road riding lately as a result ... so it seems even longer 😁 ...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Start of a new SS
my favorite part.
Planning purchasing and building.
I pretty much have everything on order these are the beginnings. I hope builder stays true to lead time...
20200930_131148.jpg

As you can see my theme is polished

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Because I had nothing better to do
20201001_093507.jpg

Paul word boost polished hubs
Sapim race spokes
Stans flow rims
Black brass nipples
Laced and trued
All said cheaper then one onyx hub because i already had the rims laying around. Waiting for the profile racing 140 pt engagement freewheel cog, its on back order.

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If anyone is interested. I reached out to Spot and they have some steel frame spot Rockers lying around. They
would be happy to build one up for you. Specifically a few medium frames.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You are now the 4th person since Saturday to talk about this bike. 2 of them had it already and I spun one on Sunday in the lot. Good luck
Which bike? Vassago or Nimble 9?

Update from Tom at Vassago, messages me that Verhauen is still weeks out and offered me choice of the ti Optimus or ti Radimus at the steel cost as they just got stock . Box me a Radimus quickly before you change your mind!

serviceguy

Update from Tom at Vassago, messages me that Verhauen is still weeks out and offered me choice of the ti Optimus or ti Radimus at the steel cost as they just got stock . Box me a Radimus quickly before you change your mind!
Sending e-mail out now!

JDurk

Hell yeah, that's awesome. Yes, the website is not very helpful.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod

Lucky sob

Top Bottom