Post your SS '20 Edition!

JDurk

I have new SS on my brain. This will end good but it will be at the sacrifice of the fatbike. I think i am finally over that trend. Dont get me wrong, I love that bike a ton. Its basically monster truck that smooths the gnar. Its cheating plain and simple and i was ok with that. It just doesn't fit into my scheme presently and I want to cut my mtb corral to 2. So right now if I am choosing 2 its the long travel ripmo and a sweet steel SS. The misfit has brought me a ton of joy, hell its my first SS and 29er, but thats just it its 2007 geometry. I am still undecided on the wheel size for a new SS, seems b+ is a favorite now but im still partial to 29. With that i am undecided on staying rigid or adding some squish. I have pretty much narrowed down the frame. As I mentioned I am shooting for an all USA made frame and components.
I've been enjoying this made in the USA, sweet, steel SS.

Edit: This post and the 1 below were originally here: http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/the-unofficial-tour-de-fat.11656/

20200623_183732.jpg
20200701_155526.jpg

Last edited:
Rode her at Stephens this past Saturday. It was a great ride until I hit the eject button. 5 stitches to fix the gash under the bandage.

Attachments

• DB9D9BC4-2FBB-4A03-8FC7-D84BB995039D.jpeg
    DB9D9BC4-2FBB-4A03-8FC7-D84BB995039D.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 231
  • B803602F-CAEB-49D6-9668-1735E6EAFC17.jpeg
    B803602F-CAEB-49D6-9668-1735E6EAFC17.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 243
I've had this model since 2011, Trek Superfly/Gary Fisher Rig. I've broken 3 of the cheesey sliders they first came out with, I think this is the 2016, with updated stranglehold slider, which actually works.

I loved the geometry since the first ride, I've done mtb races and cx races in SS class and against geared class and did well.

A bike can do what you think it can do. I'd like to see SS survive. I understand it's not for everyone, but it is for someone.

Is it you?

IMG_20200813_152747.jpg

I've had this model since 2011, Trek Superfly/Gary Fisher Rig. I've broken 3 of the cheesey sliders they first came out with, I think this is the 2016, with updated stranglehold slider, which actually works.

I loved the geometry since the first ride, I've done mtb races and cx races in SS class and against geared class and did well.

A bike can do what you think it can do. I'd like to see SS survive. I understand it's not for everyone, but it is for someone.

Is it you?

View attachment 137905

do i need to cut that log out?

Nice ride! you wanna buy my carbon superfly? That fork would go well with it.

Is it you?

View attachment 137905
Got to say not looking at the geo numbers but this looks like todays modern numbers. Chainsaws look bit long but nice slack headtube doe.

Back
Top Bottom