Post your BooBoo's

iman29

Ok for all you shoulder injury peeps.

Need a recommendation for good orthopedist shoulder doc in Morris county.

2 weeks ago I did a stupid thing on the MTB and landed on my left shoulder. Sucked it up with ice and then heat till the swelling went down and fancy purple yellowish colors went away. I have full range of motion but when I dip my shoulder down like a shrug it feels like It’s pulling the whole side of my neck over. Other than that I been riding road rides and doing other stuff mostly pain free or low pain level like 1-3.

Thinking something may be not working properly after all. I got talked out of going to the urgent care by my family who thought I was being over dramatic 2 weeks ago. Now I wish I went.

Thanks.

Ashcor

2 weeks ago I did a stupid thing on the MTB and landed on my left shoulder. Sucked it up with ice and then heat till the swelling went down and fancy purple yellowish colors went away. I have full range of motion but when I dip my shoulder down like a shrug it feels like It’s pulling the whole side of my neck over. Other than that I been riding road rides and doing other stuff mostly pain free or low pain level like 1-3.

Thinking something may be not working properly after all. I got talked out of going to the urgent care by my family who thought I was being over dramatic 2 weeks ago. Now I wish I went.

Thanks.

Mention @Stef 's name and you'll get a discount....

The_Mountainside_Menace

Thanks.
https://smgortho.com/?our_team=eric-m-black

Dr. Black at Summit Medical Group is a phenomenal MD that deals with upper extremity injuries

iman29

So that hurts...smashed the pinky toe on the bed frame leg while getting dressed yesterday after my ride and rushing to make my meeting on time...

1610572897187.png

iced it all last night but dont know if it really helped, and nothing any doctor would do even if its broken.

iman29

Dat ting needs a pair a dikes to nip it off clean. One shot, done. Shoes'll fit better too.

The bigger problem is 2nd toe shorter than big toe.... Waaaaat?

Cutting it off might be less painful right now.

Didn’t even pay attention to toe length ever before. but I have size 13 feet if you’re that interested because you know what they say about men with big feet...

Edit. Updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: w_b

iman29

Shoulder diagnosis is Grade 2 out of 5 AC joint separation aka separated shoulder.

Considered mild as there is no bad inflammation and the clavicle bone is not popping out when I move my arm. She even said range of motion is not bad.

PT sessions for a few weeks and no surgery needed but doc said don’t ride outdoors next 2 weeks. I left out the part that I have been riding outdoors already the last 2 weeks Since I got hurt but oh well.

I will stick to Zwift the next 2 weeks anyway just to be sure I don’t risk anything else now that I have officially. this also satisfies the annoying comments I would get at home if I went out riding post doctor visit. Better to let it heal more anyway.

See you on Zwift.

D863AF90-1794-4A11-B9F3-B79456CA893E.jpeg

blackburn1973

PSA that shouldn't need to be mentioned: If you have a dog, make sure you can control it on the leash. Got these beauties at Mercer yesterday. Couple walking a collie-mix moved to the side of the trail so I can pass and the pooch locked down on my calf. First dog bit I've had that actually punctured the skin. Was @ ER last night until 2 am to get a couple stitches and get on rabies course. Good times.

Dog_Bite_1.jpg

Dog_Bite_1.jpg

Dog_Bite_2.jpg

Kaleidopete

PSA that shouldn't need to be mentioned: If you have a dog, make sure you can control it on the leash. Got these beauties at Mercer yesterday. Couple walking a collie-mix moved to the side of the trail so I can pass and the pooch locked down on my calf. First dog bit I've had that actually punctured the skin. Was @ ER last night until 2 am to get a couple stitches and get on rabies course. Good times.

View attachment 149237
View attachment 149237
View attachment 149238
Looks worse than mine from last month, owners took off.

cleaned up, I didn't go for shots though. Damn dogs...& owners
Dog Bite02.jpg
Dog Bite03.jpg

iman29

View attachment 149237
View attachment 149237
View attachment 149238

Geez! this makes me so mad as a dog owner and cyclist people need to know and be aware of the 1% chance that the dog will behave unexpectedly in a situation where they may have not reacted badly before. anytime I have my dog out I pass others with a wide berth and a short leash.

I hope you got their information and made a report so they can pay your medical bills. feel better soon.

blackburn1973

What did the dog's owners have to say about this?
They were pretty horrified and legitimately seemed shocked (and I was admittedly really pissed off). The woman kept apologizing and the guy just seemed like he couldn't believe it. They didn't seem like bad/negligent people and I'm a dog-owner also so may have cut them too much slack. I asked three times if shots were all up to date but now realize I should have gotten their info to get the actual rabies certificate (which would save me my next couple weeks as a pin cushion).

Top Bottom