Post your BooBoo's

Ian F

My Dr's appt went well. The shoulder is still sore, but he was actually amazed at how much range of motion I have a week after the crash. No PT prescribed. Just continue the ibuprofen for another couple of weeks along with some stretching exercises. After going through a frozen shoulder episode a few years ago, I don't plan to push the recovery time, so I'm still not planning on riding on dirt again for the rest of the year. Hopefully this means I'll get an early start on the Zwift training...

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
So how do you know if it’s broken?

2857CA59-71C8-485B-BA47-FC8F2A537D1D.jpeg
43AA7EA7-F30E-4D80-A0C9-B38225A1A8A7.jpeg

iman29

well that looks pretty gnarly!

I can only go by my own recent experience when i crashed back in Sept. I was convinced my forearm (also my left) was broken and went that night to get an xray. it was not broken or anything fractured but i had a big contusion like that on my arm as well. in fact its been almost 2 months and there's still a little lump there.

I always go with the err of caution and get an xray cause i dont want something healing badly and then have issues down the line. I did a lot of ice and ace bandage compression on my arm the first week to help with the pain and swelling, then after that it just looks nasty but it didnt really hurt any more.

good luck!

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
well that looks pretty gnarly!

I can only go by my own recent experience when i crashed back in Sept. I was convinced my forearm (also my left) was broken and went that night to get an xray. it was not broken or anything fractured but i had a big contusion like that on my arm as well. in fact its been almost 2 months and there's still a little lump there.

I always go with the err of caution and get an xray cause i dont want something healing badly and then have issues down the line. I did a lot of ice and ace bandage compression on my arm the first week to help with the pain and swelling, then after that it just looks nasty but it didnt really hurt any more.

good luck!
Been doing the ice and ace. The last one I had like this was on my shin and it lasted for weeks.

Top Bottom