Post your BooBoo's

Spylab

did he get a concussion? it looks like he stood up, walked and went down again...

No concussion, but he has a massive bruise on his inner thigh/crotch area as well as a swollen (not broken or sprained) wrist. He realized that Bry and Ryan were coming, and knew that if he didn't drag his bike off the middle of the trail, one of them was going to go down HARD. There's too much speed off that step down to be able to stop in time if he left it...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
2007 wanted to bite me before year end. Had this awesome combo on new years eve, frozen bridge to tire slide to bridge hipper to embankment. Waited until now to get the full brusing effect....

2178307338_5dbe6f0d63.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MNicolosi

Damn, I split my leg open about two months ago and had several stiches wish I had known I would have sent a nice bloddy photo...... :puke:

lou_b_83

I went out to Waway today but the mountain did not play nice. Notice the perfect circle from the end of the handle bars. Still fished the ride.:D

The second pic is 2 days after the fall.

Attachments

• 100_0099.jpg
    100_0099.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 0428082038a.jpg
    0428082038a.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

xc62701

Where the heck did you do that? I'll be up there during the week playing for the race on Sunday.

lou_b_83

I don't really know what trail I was on but there is a little rock bridge with logs at the end and I just messed up at the end right be for a big rock that I would have ridden up. It will be fine in a day or two.:D

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Clutch lever of my CRF450 to the knee

IMGP1483.JPG

4 broken ribs and a bruised lung at E-town.
mepoint.jpg

compound of my tib/fib also at e-town
Leg.jpg

so far my only mtn bike scar
l_87f9d64c48a9a6db483dc985e011ff9c.jpg

RNG1

I didn't realize there was such a demand for this stuff...I never thought to document with photos, and I am just getting over a good one. At Wayway 2 weeks ago I was in 2nd place and hit one of the rockier sections badly and went up and over and landed on the rocks like a sack of potatoes. I thought I broke my arm at the time, but that ended up only turning a wicked greenish black that has faded to a nice yellow from my wrist to elbow(not really justifying a photo at this point), however I should get some extra credit as I did crack a rib. I lost 2 places by the time I got my wits about me. I will be taped up and plan to race Tymor. Hopefully with nothing to photograph for you sickos after the race!

NJ Jess

Ouch!

Dude,...that looks awful. I scaped my elbow at today Tymor race,...but looking at yours makes mine feel better.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Jeez, I just gotta' stop this. Hard get off two weeks in a row now. Gah! :mad:

Attachments

• 05-24-08_1202.jpg
    05-24-08_1202.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 640

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
shave your legs :rofl:

heh, heh, I used to shave 'em back in my roadie days. Always loved that first shaving of the season...'had to use a chain saw :D

I was definitely easier to clean up wounds like this back then...

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
son's 1st Booboos

These aren't bad, but they are my 6 yr old's first mountain bike boo boos! I brought him for a ride last Friday on what I think is the southern portion of the Columbia Trail (between Clinton and Pittstown). It is flat, a very few rocks, roots and bridges, but in places it has about a 12 foot drop-off down to a stream. He was doing great for about 20 mins but got a little nervous once we hit the area with the drop-off. He kept looking at the stream and I kept telling him "look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go." Next thing I knew he took a hard left and steered right off the cliff. Completely endo'd off the cliff. If a grown adult did it half our bones would be broken! He fell about 12 feet bouncing like a doll. I wish I had a picture of his bike completely submerged under water in the middle of the stream. He was soaking wet, bruised and banged, I think it knocked the wind out of him, it was horrible. But he's a trooper. He even rode his bike half of the way back to the car. Mother-of-the-year:rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom