PLEASE HELP Avoid trail closure.

alex_k

Don't know if this has already been suggested...

How about thinning the vegetation where the Red Trail meets Canal Rd to improve visibility, so riders can see if cars are coming, and vice versa?

Not just a little trimming... I'm talking hard-core pruning at least 100ft into the trail, and 100yd in each direction on the road to really open the area up.

Just a thought...
And I'll volunteer to help with the work. :)

i think it is a good idea. there is no vegetation in winter and visibility is much better now but the entrance is still blocked by a 3-4 feet tree. it has to go...

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
I emailed everyone in my contact list, including non bikers, explaining the issue and asking for help by signing.

The issue I see with this is if they are looking for 5000 signatures, are there really 5000 people in this area that ride or hike there regularly? Does it matter if the signatures are from out of state? Or do the park people look at just local needs/use?

Is there a town council that we can contact? many towns have monthly or quarterly meeting to discuss issues, can a LARGE group of us go to one of these to be HEARD?

I have been to one such meeting regarding a local issue with wolf dogs, and sometimes FACES and VOICES get more results than signatures.

Just a few thoughts.

Pat

The issue I see with this is if they are looking for 5000 signatures, are there really 5000 people in this area that ride or hike there regularly? Does it matter if the signatures are from out of state? Or do the park people look at just local needs/use?

I would think the more voices the better.

AnthonyC

Late to this party, but I went ahead and signed AND posted this to a couple of other cycling forums. Hope it helps!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
The deal here is that the park will not legitimize this trail. Period.

Ride it while you can.

I have no clue what the long term here will be.

As little noise about this as possible is the best route as of now.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
The deal here is that the park will not legitimize this trail. Period.

Ride it while you can.

I have no clue what the long term here will be.

As little noise about this as possible is the best route as of now.

the legal thing to do is hop out at the jacque lot and ride down to canal rd to head back to the lot then?

jdog

Shop Keep
the legal thing to do is hop out at the jacque lot and ride down to canal rd to head back to the lot then?

So in order to keep riders off canal road, this closure would make for a road ride 7x longer. I mapped it.

Not cool, and not up for discussion.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

tednugent

then we will have drivers complain about the mountain bikers clogging Jacques and Canal

too bad speed bumps on canal is not an option

....apparently, we can across Middlebush without issues, but seriously... Canal is a bigger safety concern?

jdog

Shop Keep
then we will have drivers complain about the mountain bikers clogging Jacques and Canal

too bad speed bumps on canal is not an option

....apparently, we can across Middlebush without issues, but seriously... Canal is a bigger safety concern?

Yeah. Sounds awesome.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions