Nassau Trail conditions

iman29

FDD4338E-EFFB-4695-867A-A7A65879D032.png

rick81721

Lothar
Trails were perfect. Only problem was wineberry (and the wineberries were disappointing) pickers everywhere - tore the crap out of my arms

20220706_131123.jpg

JPark

There were several turtles hanging out on the trails of the Springside Loop this morning.
Don't mistake them for rock gardens and run them over.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Did I miss the memo? Or have the trail sign stewards missed a spot? The sign at Foran Fields trail entrance is still up saying the trail is temporarily closed…I thought that was put up sometime in spring when trails were soft but it’s still there while the trails are now bone dry. The “open” signs are up at other parts of the park. What gives?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did I miss the memo? Or have the trail sign stewards missed a spot? The sign at Foran Fields trail entrance is still up saying the trail is temporarily closed…I thought that was put up sometime in spring when trails were soft but it’s still there while the trails are now bone dry. The “open” signs are up at other parts of the park. What gives?
Just ignore it like everyone else. loL. Trails are open

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Someone probably swiped the new "open" cover they installed.

9CECAB1C-390D-4432-94F9-B6FBF6446ACB.jpeg

Perhaps fallout from the punctuation omission debate.

rick81721

Lothar

I noticed that the last 2 times I was there too. Figured hardly anyone parks there - I don't. Only started there once when I did a Carson ride last year.

Related note, when going in the opposite direction - strava segment Springside to Foran Fields - I always laugh at the arrow sign at the first clearing - like there's a choice other than the singletrack?

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Someone probably swiped the new "open" cover they installed.

View attachment 192165

Perhaps fallout from the punctuation omission debate.
Except the Foran sign is a rectangle not diamond shaped. It looks different than the standard diamond signs. Like it was truly meant to be temporary. Concern is if hikers see bikers ignoring the sign we could see unfounded complaints? Dunno.

Bikeworks

I've only ridden here once, but I liked it. Just now getting around to returning tomorrow. I believe the last time I started at Foran Field? Big, open area with the trailhead off to the left from the parking lot. Is that a good spot or nah?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've only ridden here once, but I liked it. Just now getting around to returning tomorrow. I believe the last time I started at Foran Field? Big, open area with the trailhead off to the left from the parking lot. Is that a good spot or nah?

Yup it’s fine. We start there sometimes.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions