Nassau Trail conditions

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nassau is in great shape and fully rideable. Hopefully we don't get dumped on tonight.

I just checked the radar...oof.

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got rain in Lebanon, just south/slightly east of Nassau. My grass is still wet, if that means anything.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Less than half an inch. I would think by tomorrow later morning it will be pretty good. Wet rocks and roots maybe but the ground will be solid.

Jeffreywoliver

Trails were in good shape today. Plenty of sticks and branches. Kicked some off. Cleared small tree on Chips and another on Sidewinder. Still a tree down near the beginning of Sidewinder. Too big for my handsaw but you can go around it. Another tree on near the bottom of Rocky Ridge near Bench. Can also go around but sort of a Pita. Sorry no pic. View attachment 166517View attachment 166518View attachment 166519View attachment 166520View attachment 166521
Thanks for clearing

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Trail have a nice amount of moisture right now. no tracks, tacky.
Upper lot has a bit of mud.
Hey, there is a porta-potty in the upper lot. Might be for the gravel event tomorrow (9/26)

Speaking of the gravel event - there is an optional trail section going from the upper to lower lot.
it runs down the middle (nassau trail) hangs a right and across the stream - makes a right onto
whatever that connector is called, and takes flatlands down to the lower lot.
So look out if you are there rather than the Fest.

CNJRider

Joker
Conditions were superb this morning. I love how well this park's sandy soil drains after a rain!

I hit up the Nassau and Springside halves.

20210925_092602.jpg

Caught some nice views after the jump trail at my favorite chill out spot.

20210925_133723.jpg

Crossed town to check out the railroad ruins.

20210925_103509.jpg
20210925_103451.jpg
20210925_111553.jpg

Then did a few laps on the flow trail. Still casing all over the place on Blue Flash.

20210925_104544.jpg

And ended the ride with an easy stroll up and down a little bit of the ever lovely Columbia Trail.

20210925_105921.jpg

Got as far as the powerlines and turned around to head back to the Nassau main lot.

20210925_110716.jpg

High Bridge has a bit of something for everyone. Spent over 2 hours goofing around and could have stretched that out further.

Last edited:

AS4321

Trail have a nice amount of moisture right now. no tracks, tacky.
Upper lot has a bit of mud.
Hey, there is a porta-potty in the upper lot. Might be for the gravel event tomorrow (9/26)

Speaking of the gravel event - there is an optional trail section going from the upper to lower lot.
it runs down the middle (nassau trail) hangs a right and across the stream - makes a right onto
whatever that connector is called, and takes flatlands down to the lower lot.
So look out if you are there rather than the Fest.
Was planning to ride there tmw morning. Wasn't aware of the gravel fest. Not advisable to ride there tmw or is it not that big of an event?

CNJRider

Joker
Was planning to ride there tmw morning. Wasn't aware of the gravel fest. Not advisable to ride there tmw or is it not that big of an event?
Don’t think id let it alter my plans. The Nassau portion is a small leg of a much longer ride that starts, I believe, in Bedminster. The riders should be pretty spaced out by the time the circus rolls through HB.

kearneyb

Rode Nassau, Springside, Columbia and the flow trails this mornings. I wasn’t sure about the flow trails as the dpw was chipping behind the wood fence adjacent to the pump track area. I just stayed to the side and out of the way. Closed signs were not up.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions