Nassau Trail conditions

We rode last night from 6-8. Wasn’t too bad heat-wise but the hum-didity was brutal. My top tube is peppered with copious amounts of helmet drippage 🌞 💧 💧 How was today’s ride?

We rode last night from 6-8. Wasn’t too bad heat-wise but the hum-didity was brutal. My top tube is peppered with copious amounts of helmet drippage 🌞 💧 💧 How was today’s ride?

Good loop today - very dry. had some front tire wash-out going.

There is a tree down on Brogan's Run just before the rock step-up. (i think that is the trail, def before that rock-step)
Bee hit me in the calf right before there too - not sure if random, or a hive.

The tree in the main lot should be taken down - it is going to land on someone's car.
all the green on it is PI.

Good loop today - very dry. had some front tire wash-out going.

There is a tree down on Brogan's Run just before the rock step-up. (i think that is the trail, def before that rock-step)
Bee hit me in the calf right before there too - not sure if random, or a hive.

The tree in the main lot should be taken down - it is going to land on someone's car.
all the green on it is PI.
I have to say I’m relatively new to Nassau but it’s quite the genius layout. Mathematically speaking it’s ((6MR maze + hills)*5) + rocks - (crowds of people + ((riders without helmets)+ (playing music from speakers) + (creating ruts in wet conditions)))

I have to say I’m relatively new to Nassau but it’s quite the genius layout. Mathematically speaking it’s ((6MR maze + hills)*5) + rocks - (crowds of people + ((riders without helmets)+ (playing music from speakers) + (creating ruts in wet conditions)))

A for defining f(Nassau)

Funny thing is I usually lead. Today we did everything in the opposite direction with me Sweeping

Haha. Perfectly describes both Nassau and 6MR. Have not been to the latter since Spring but it’s good to know nothing’s changed. Don’t forget packs of people randomly stopped in the middle of the trail sheepishly apologizing as you slowly weave around them.

Haven't been around Nassau in awhile is there a preferred direction loop for beginners?

it rides well all ways - make sure you have the map loaded in trailforks! it can get confusing.

This is what I do. Applies to other trail systems too!

Step 1: Study a map and devise a route the day before.
Step 2: Get hopelessly lost.
Step 3: Pull out phone and figure out where you are.
Step 4: Repeat Steps 2-3.
Step 5: Go home more confused.

That's always my strategy, except I add:

Step 6: Return to MTBNJ and see if getting lost after taking two forks is normal or it's just me. Good to know I'm not alone.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions