Nassau Group Ride Sunday 6/6/21

In, WAF

ROAD TRIP PXL_20210417_140925008.MP-01.jpg

I’m racing so I can’t make it. Pretty bummed.
Anyway I recommend anybody that goes plans to spend some time in High Bridge.

First, go early and check out Scouts coffee shop. Excellent coffee and delicious snacks that would be good fuel for the ride.

Then you’ll want to hit the flow trails afterwards, especially if you haven’t been there before. You can check out both trails in less than 30 minutes and it’s very much worth it. They have done a ton of work and they are so much fun.

Then go for a beer at HighRail brewing. (which helped fund raise the flow trails….their “Trails” beer is a hazy IPA which was brewed just for this fundraiser).

Then go to CIRCA for some food. Rudy, the owner is a Mountain Biker and all around cool guy. Restaurants have had it so rough that it’d be instant good Karma to support a MTB’r owned local spot. And the food is also very, very good. When I go out to eat, 90% of the time it’s there.

I sold this so well, I may have to blow off the race and come here. Lol.

Unfortunately I’ll be away that weekend. Any other time I could gladly lead rides there, it’s my local trail.

Trails are fun. I rode here yesterday. Sidewinder was the best of them all.

Even with 3 days of rain the trails were in great shape. Maybe due to the rocks and roots, but no bad areas that @Norm outlined in CR that looked awful.

Back
Top Bottom