My MUSS

Don't listen to Maurice. He's drunk with bad thoughts. Besides you'll always have the 16 to go back to if you need.

I must be drunk or something, i can not find the weight on their webpage. could you help a brother out?

http://www.bianchiusa.com/06_muss.html

I can't find it either. I saw it somewhere state 25lbs, however, the shipping label said 16.7 lbs. I will bring it by Cycle Works and weigh it.

I just put my Candy C pedals on this morning. Now I just need to get a new cog...

This may be a stupid question, are there different sized cogs? I want to get a 20t, but should I be looking at a certain inner diameter?

ok, I still need to figure out the gear ratios on my epic, and find one that feels good.

I will let you know when I order.

its a short freewheel

i meant freewheel vs cassete

freewheel:
white-freewheel.jpg

cassette:
surlycog.gif

ah, our wording got confused. cassettes mount to freeHUB bodies. freewheels thread on in all circumstances.

Thats what we are here for. Your bike and my bike are speced the same. The link you first provided is what you need.

You need a Cassette cog. or the bottom picture from sean's post

Ok, I will probably start out with the 20t, and if I find it too easy:)rolleyes: ) then I can either purchase an 18 or 19, and maybe reserve the 20 for MD.

Hey, joc, would the suspension fork on Elle's bike fit on my frame?

I will try it w/o the suspension for now, but I will keep it in mind.

Would it include helping me install it?

Just to confirm... I need the 3/32" splined for the MUSS. Right? :confused:

3/32", splined: 13t, 14t, 15t, 16t, 17t, 18t, 19t, 20t, 21t, 22t

3/32" threaded: 14t, 15t, 16t, 17t, 18t, 19t, 20t, 21t, 22t

1/8" threaded: 14t, 15t, 16t, 17t, 18t, 19t, 20t, 21t, 22t

Surly cogs-ebay

just buy heythorp's 18T. it's the easiest solution to your pain.

i'm pretty sure you need splined.

i said i might put the 18 on but only out of ease, i have it hear now.... and i said you should do a 19 not a 20

20 will be too easy for you.

I know but just looking at the gear ratio of my Epic, I figured that I mainly use gears in the same ballpark as the 20. If it becomes too easy, than I will go with a smaller cog.

Do I need a special tool to get to the cogs?

No, do 19. The SS is lighter, and thus easier to pedal. The geared 20 next to a SS 19 will feel the same, at least.

lemme know when you are doing this. btw - i am out for tomorrow's class, and will need to reschedule with john.

lemme know when you are doing this. btw - i am out for tomorrow's class, and will need to reschedule with john.

Ok, you want to help me, as my signature states....

Oh well. I am trying to decide whether I will bring my MUSS or the epic tomorrow since we are doing brakes and wheel truing.

brad-
i just remebered...i have a 19T on my specialized. if you want to give it a "try before you buy" you're more than welcome to. FWIW, there's a 20T on my mary...but that's about an 18T on a 26er. at least according to my super-slueth haybailing (what the f is that by the way) research.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom