My MUSS

SpartaBard

brad-
i just remebered...i have a 19T on my specialized. if you want to give it a "try before you buy" you're more than welcome to. FWIW, there's a 20T on my mary...but that's about an 18T on a 26er. at least according to my super-slueth haybailing (what the f is that by the way) research.

Thanks for the offer, but it would probably be better to get it. If I decide to go with either the 18 or the 20, the 19 would probably still get used at either easier or more difficult places.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the offer, but it would probably be better to get it. If I decide to go with either the 18 or the 20, the 19 would probably still get used at either easier or more difficult places.

trust me when i tell you once you find a gear you like, you're NOT going to swap it every time you want to ride a different place. for example, i bet now heythorp could ride the 16T at LM, but why swap it out just to ride there once in awhile when he's probably using the 19T everywhere else? i dunno, heythorp is actually a bad a bad example b/c both his wife and children are bikes.

SpartaBard

trust me when i tell you once you find a gear you like, you're NOT going to swap it every time you want to ride a different place. for example, i bet now heythorp could ride the 16T at LM, but why swap it out just to ride there once in awhile when he's probably using the 19T everywhere else? i dunno, heythorp is actually a bad a bad example b/c both his wife and children are bikes.

yeah, well I still need to explain to my wife that I purchased a second bike...

:eek: (me)

:getsome: (robyn)

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
yeah, well I still need to explain to my wife that I purchased a second bike...

:eek: (me)

:getsome: (robyn)

trust me, THAT i understand.

me: i need a new bike
tracy: why?! you have four!
me: i need a dirt jumping bike
tracy: a what? don't you ride on the dirt and jump the other ones already?
me: well, yeah, but...
tracy: and what's a 29er? that bike looks strange.
me: nevermind :(

SpartaBard

It would be interesting to hear the conversation between shaggz and mrs. shaggz about a minivan purchase.

Shaggz: I want an H2
Mrs. Shaggz: :2guns: Soccer-Van
Shaggz: ok :(

ArmyOfNone

hahah...i was showing my girl bikes in the shop and showing her all the ones i would like to own. All she would say is "Why? Why do you need it? Doesnt it do the same thing as your other two?"

I say well kinda mayb just a lil bit

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
hahah...i was showing my girl bikes in the shop and showing her all the ones i would like to own. All she would say is "Why? Why do you need it? Doesnt it do the same thing as your other two?"

I say well kinda mayb just a lil bit

weren't you just saying something about :hitsfan: or getting off the pot? :D

Shaggz

A strong 7
Brad: Robyn doesn't know about the MUSS or she doesn't understand the need for a second bike :argue:? Please warn me if you are telling her it's mine and I'm keeping it at your place so Meghan doesn't find out.

Guys: New bike dilemma? Have your wife run your bike and car into a building - it worked for me. ;)

AON - Please don't take exception to this, but since you guys are not engaged or married, unless you owe your girl a butt-load of $$$$, shouldn't the purchase of a new or additional bike(s) be in your sole discretion? :confused:

D

DANSPANK

I tend to feel a bit guilty if I go out and buy myself loads of toys and don't get my girlfriend anything. When I bought my last bike I took my gf out for dinner afterwards and told her how great the bike was!

She's a great gal and I don't get any shit for my biking fetish.

She does want to go away on holiday soon though...

SpartaBard

Brad: Robyn doesn't know about the MUSS or she doesn't understand the need for a second bike :argue:? Please warn me if you are telling her it's mine and I'm keeping it at your place so Meghan doesn't find out.

Guys: New bike dilemma? Have your wife run your bike and car into a building - it worked for me. ;)

No, she doesn't know about it yet. I need to start thinking something up. I won't use you as an excuse, don't worry.

Maybe a really good deal at the bike shop? (sort of true, just not as true as she would like it to be...).

Mrs. Shaggz took out your car and bike? Was that your C-dale?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, you actually bought a bike without your wife knowing about it? I think you should link this to the thread about marriage and all that.

Mike679

I can get new components without the wife taking notice, but I would have some splainin' to do if another bike just showed up.

Please share your tactics.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
brad, you can kiss the visitation of your b@lls good bye for the next year. steve, if i were you, i'd run VERY far away from this one. in fact, block brad's cell and home phone from your house.

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
brad, you can remove that lockring with a hammer and screwdriver, or take the wheel to any shop and have them do it for three bucks.

D

DANSPANK

Brad, did you perhaps.....win it in a magazine or online competition? I think you did!

Maurice

brad, you can remove that lockring with a hammer and screwdriver, or take the wheel to any shop and have them do it for three bucks.

Somehow I was waiting for someone to say that. Somehow I'm not surprised it's you ;)

Well, Brad if you ever do that, make sure you're hitting towards where the lockring unscrews. Don't ask...

Top Bottom