Music

I think this stuff needs to be out of this thread. You're hiding possibly useful information & discussion from people by having it in a thread called "music".

Stopping is normal. Pretend you ran into a tree or stopped to grab a new bottle in a race.

MTBNJUniversity Radio
Bringing you the best audio and video content on the interwebs.​

Well it looks like the Ministry of Information has caught up with me.

I guess Norm does have a point with regards to non-music stuff in the music thread. My training thoughts, plans, and re-caps would provide more info to others in a training thread and I would get more feed back as well. So now the plan is to begin a training blog(in the training blog place)...stay tuned.

Spence, looking into the MTBNJ U. Radio archives I featured the XX back in January...you must have been absent that day. Here is a repeat performance for your benefit as well as others who may have missed that one.

Their debut album which came out in 2009 received a lot of praise. They spent most of 2010 touring. XX will be coming out with another album later this year, I'll keep you posted.

Also I want to give a shout out to my team mate skiphreaknj. Its always good to hear from those who enjoy the music. Peace and love.

MTBNJUniversity Radio

I had something upbeat and rocking picked out for tonight but I woke up this morning with this song in my head, so I am going to feature them instead...besides its Sunday night and I'm feeling this.

When I googled Angus and Julia Stone I was surprised to find out they are brother and sister but as I listen to them they do connect on harmonies only like siblings can. Its really a simple song but that's what makes it so great...its easy to sing to yourself.

Researching further I found this, its a cover of a Greese song. Is this gay? Fuck it, Norm shaved his legs today.

MTBNJUniversity Radio

Ok I'm back. I've been busy at work, son's baseball team and riding my bike but I have been listening to the radio...satellite radio that is. I have a 45 min commute every morning so I have the time to do some research.

What is Old is New Again.​
I have mentioned Lollapallooza before on this thread and I must admit that this term has become somewhat of a buzzword over the years and a tired one at that since the event has been around for 20rys. On the other hand once you reach the 20 yr. mark there is a respect that comes with that and you become an icon to be celebrated by the younger generations.

The founder of the event and icon to be celebrated is Perry Farrel from Janes Addiction. I remember reading and article in Rolling Stone magazine about him in the early 90's. What I took from the article was that Perry is into experimentation of every kind, music, drugs, sex, art...he basically struck me as a freak and after seeing him onstage he did not disappoint.

Well the band has gotten older but they did reunite and there is a new album coming out later this summer. At 52 Perry strikes me as a modern day P.T. Barnum while Dave Navaro continues to amaze crowds with his guitar, tats and cigarettes(his lungs gotta be as black as charcoal). These guys are holding up well for there age and will make a ton of $$ on tour playing to aging generation Xer's.

Here is a clip from the 20 yr. anniversary show in Chile this year...these guys still got it.
Ted, just admit it.

i don't listen to music when i ride... i'd rather hear the world around me. but i listen to music when i wake up, do my 3 S's, drive to work, sit in my office at work, drive home from work, exercise... basically from the time i wake up until i go to bed...

lately my android has been shuffling Tool, A Perfect Circle, At the Gates, The Smiths, Alice in Chains and (older) Queensryche.

As I sing in a Tool tribute band, I have to listen to it until my ears bleed to make sure I get all of the nuances correct :D

MTBNJUniversity Radio
Bringing You The Best Audio and Video Content on the Interwebs
These guys are amazing, I would say that this album will be up there for my pick of 2011. They have a throw back folk sound and have been compared to Crosby Stills Nash & Young with there harmonies.

Here is a cut off of Fleet foxes new album, if you dig it check out the rest of the cd...Bedouin Dress is my favorite track.

OK, WAY off topic but I'm on Regis this morning playing some pedal steel and banjo. See you at Neshaminy Saturday.

OK, WAY off topic but I'm on Regis this morning playing some pedal steel and banjo. See you at Neshaminy Saturday.

Say What ???
You can't just throw that out there casually like your announcing a trip to the supermarket to pick up some milk.

Care to elaborate with video, audio, 8 track, reel to reel, cassette, smoke signals...

Kristen Chenoweth from "Wicked" on B'way released a country single and I was called to be in her band for the show. I had this month's issue of MBA on the floor next to me and was hoping it would get some camera time and maybe get a free subscription out of it.

tonight Pier Village Long Branch free

Me and band playing 7 - 8:30 of the boardwalk at Pier village in Long Branch. We'll all be wearing MTBNJ kits. (not really). Come by if you can. Ride your bike, save gas.

I saw these guys at a music festival this past weekend. They tout themselves as 'Punk Classical Hillbilly Floyd'. Now I'm not sure they quite fit into the 'Floyd' mold but the drummer was absolutely insane and the crowd turned into a wild mosh pit without the stage diving. I watched them from the safety of backstage and witnessed their infectious effect on the audience and the cultish fans who were covered in glow rings and battery operated string lights and carrying props specific to the 'cult'. So picture Pink Floyd with the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and I think you might come close.

Here's a rough video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kTP0s2CrKA

For something really clean and slow and a bit more on the soft rock side:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMY-74d1qAM&feature=related

At their website, you can hear pretty clean cuts of much of their catalog:
http://www.slambovia.com/

Back
Top Bottom