Mountain Man Biathlon - 2009

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe they weren't getting enough entrants? Regardless, at $55, I'm in.

The winning time from 2007 is listed as a 1:13. Are the distances the same/accurate? From the Lewis Morris H2H race, the fastest laptimes were ~30 minutes over 6 miles, which would give approx 55 minutes for the 11 mile bike. So the winning guy did 4 miles of trail running in 18 minutes?

The Mountain Man cuts out more of the "technical" (I use that term loosely at Lewis Morris) singletrack and replaced it with short sections of fireroad.

I went there last week and was noticing how there's a pretty significant amount of switchbacks in the H2H race compared to Mountain Man.

-Steve in NJ

mtnbiker5

Mtn Man

This is probably the most fun race of the season. Mtnhead Chris does a nice job. Last year they had a live band, plenty of bagels, coffee and of course the sweatshirt and beer. Its fast and furious. The run is great. The race course is fun. Good people all around. You basically can go at your own pace. If you win, you get a block of wood. Fantastic.

ebarker9

Anyone end up participating?

I went into it with essentially zero running background and still had fun. Both run sections ended up taking pretty much dead on 20 minutes, which I'm happy with considering the first lap traffic. Had a lot of fun on the bike, even considering the number of people I had to get around.

All-in-all a fun time. I'll probably be back for next year.

Do they usually post results at all? I think my time was 1:44.something so I didn't exactly win, but still curious.

ellenserruto

It was an expensive work-out but I did have fun! Close to home and with the leaves and wet roots I got my monies worth. No complaints except I wish there were some faster gals there to race against.

gtluke

The Moped
If you use the share - get a link button you can get the link to the photo
693024571_L4uEh-M-1.jpg

mtnbiker5

mtn man pics

hey are these all the mtn man pics or is there another site? if so nice job. what is that smugmug?

gtluke

The Moped
I know Ryan Ganly was out there taking pictures too.
Smugmug is the site I use to host and sell my pictures.

RyGanley

Attachments

• 694499002_6dNie-Th.jpg
    694499002_6dNie-Th.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 694508785_V9xGg-Th.jpg
    694508785_V9xGg-Th.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 694512284_fmWP9-S.jpg
    694512284_fmWP9-S.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 147
  • 694514614_waG6Y-Th.jpg
    694514614_waG6Y-Th.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 148

argyle

i sampled the mountain man race

thanks to the 2 guys that stopped me by the bridge near the lake/event area and asked if i was racing. nope, totally forgot about the race that day. so then i proceeded to head up yellow clockwise, feeling really awful that all the runners were heading straight at me and took off on the newish green trail...wasn't ready for that narrow slice on the left side of the stream. won't have to worry about that trail flooding!

at least it was around noon and i didn't see anyone else except for 2 runners on green that witnessed me sliding out in front of the bridge and and doing a flip. once again, wasn't ready for those acrobatics either.

lushizzle

Fun race on a nice day. I'm glad that there were a few familar faces in the crowd. Last year I finished 99th...this year 14th. I was pretty happy with those results. I went into the final running stage in 10th but lost 3 spots. I have to incorporate some running into the training for next year.

Rutli1291

Fun race on a nice day. I'm glad that there were a few familar faces in the crowd. Last year I finished 99th...this year 14th. I was pretty happy with those results. I went into the final running stage in 10th but lost 3 spots. I have to incorporate some running into the training for next year.

Wow, great improvement! Congrats! I was there too, under the radar and hanging out with my family. It was a really nice day, fun event. I took 15 min off my last year time. I was able to stay on my bike the whole time which I could not do LY (sad but true) . I am still slow like a damn granny on those descents. :p Heidi

Top Bottom