Mercer County Park Conditions

Rode Mercer yesterday for the first time in a year. It was in very good shape. Some trails were covered with leaves and a little difficult to follow but that is to be expected this time of year. I love that this trail system is never too busy. A hidden gem.

The more popular trails are nicely packed and ridable. There was a single set of fat tracks that made it possible to ride more of the less popular trails. I stayed mostly on the yellow / orange. The trail from the boat house parking lot past the volley ball court sucks.

Be careful on the paved paths because they are iced over and some of he ice is covered by snow.

https://www.strava.com/activities/248671493

The more popular trails are nicely packed and ridable. There was a single set of fat tracks that made it possible to ride more of the less popular trails. I stayed mostly on the yellow / orange. The trail from the boat house parking lot past the volley ball court sucks.

Be careful on the paved paths because they are iced over and some of he ice is covered by snow.

https://www.strava.com/activities/248671493

We rolled out some more fatty tracks for you this morning Mikey ;)

Good fat bikin conditions this morning. 3" of fresh powder on top of the ice. Any places that drift were difficult at 12"+ though with this wind :D
Go get some!

Conditions are great on East side of the park was almost perfect, as Mike stated a few drift areas just made it tough to get through but with a fat bike it is doable. Go ahead and ride either way. West side I made some fresh tracks in some areas ( more near the BMX pit) down to the damn and back but I would avoid this area mostly due to no snow covering the ice.

Conditions are great on East side of the park was almost perfect, as Mike stated a few drift areas just made it tough to get through but with a fat bike it is doable. Go ahead and ride either way. West side I made some fresh tracks in some areas ( more near the BMX pit) down to the damn and back but I would avoid this area mostly due to no snow covering the ice.

I think I saw you in the lot (white salsa fattie? I had the lime green salsa mtb) just as I was starting. Some serious glacierization ( that one behind the playground in the trees was ridiculous) but most trails that were previously ridden were rideable and fun. I tried a few virgin trails and it was a no-go on skinnier tires

I think I saw you in the lot (white salsa fattie? I had the lime green salsa mtb) just as I was starting. Some serious glacierization ( that one behind the playground in the trees was ridiculous) but most trails that were previously ridden were rideable and fun. I tried a few virgin trails and it was a no-go on skinnier tires

That was me, and yes that section near the playground was bad as well. I just took the paved path and came down on the other side near the Crew stands usually are and headed into the woods towards the tennis courts. After this snow it will be time to lay down some new tracks.

I'll be hitting up mercer soon. Hopefully it's melted and hard. Been a total nightmare this season thus far

I walked some of the trail on the backside of the park. It is mainly iced up footprints. The snow pack is not too deep. Spiked tires might work well just might be a bit rough. The paved path is packed down ice that would be decent with spikes.

Hit mercer this morning on the dam side. I just looped around a few times with the fatty, trail is nicely groomed at the moment. Go get it before it melts and becomes flooded. Just two spots near the damn you have to walk the bike over a little ice.

Rode Mercer yesterday. Only did the meandering trail on west side that hugs the road. Did not go past the Grey Rocks and trails near the dam because I figured they would be flooded. But the Red and Orange that follows the road were nice and not soggy or muddy. No lingering snow patches -- all melted. Few logs and branches I cleared most what I could lift. Will ride it again before it rains Friday!

Stayed on the south side of the lake - trails are soft but rideable without causing damage. There are some wet spots and rutted muddy sections in the usual wet areas.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions