Mercer County Park Conditions

TAS

There’s a really big one in a similar position below the dam along the creek.
Yup that one has been there a while and it is pretty stable. It's on the list. Perhaps I'll tackle that one the same day I get cleared to cut.

The Kalmyk

There is a new leaner on the trail below the tennis court. I will take care of it tomorrow if someone else doesnt before me.

TAS

Thanks Kalmyk.. I got the new leaner early this morning... Also cleaned up a section of red near the old farm house. It was getting really tight in there. Buggered up the chain on my saw so the tree over by the dam will have to wait.

TAS

carvegybe

Also tree down on upper blue just before where that old bike frame was used to decorate the trail (heading east).

20220723_100150.jpg

TAS

Also tree down on upper blue just before where that old bike frame was used to decorate the trail (heading east).

View attachment 191298
Thanks for the info! Just past the big hump? That buried tire looks familiar too. I'll get over there today before it get too hot.. Then on my way out I can fish in the ponds
Looks green.. Katana will get it done.
TAS

TAS

Got it.... Just a few yards up the trail was a widow maker.. Cleared that one as well. And clipped a bunch of stuff on the way in and out. Hot but a nice breeze. Bugs were not too bad either.

FYI There are beavers in the 2nd pond that have built a substantial dam next to the long bridge.
The water is backing up and beginning to flood the approach of one of the short bridges at the pond inflow.

TAS
IMG_0267.jpg

carvegybe

Got it.... Just a few yards up the trail was a widow maker.. Cleared that one as well. And clipped a bunch of stuff on the way in and out. Hot but a nice breeze. Bugs were not too bad either.

FYI There are beavers in the 2nd pond that have built a substantial dam next to the long bridge.
The water is backing up and beginning to flood the approach of one of the short bridges at the pond inflow.

TAS
View attachment 191417
Nice! Thank you.

And since you mentioned beavers I have to add this link:

TAS

I got it on Wed... Oh and here is a picture of the beaver dam!
A Bever's gotta Beve... It's what they do.. Ha Ha

TAS

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277#1.jpg

And he isn't a bity little Beaver. Stood up pretty tall to chew this.
IMG_0278.jpg

02camaro

pretty large tree down on blue trail, will need chainsaw. 16in diameter

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221027_184807.jpg
    Screenshot_20221027_184807.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

TAS

Thanks for the heads up... I'll check it out tomorrow.
Been laid up 6weeks with a busted rib thats finally healed!
TAS

TAS

Mick & I got out there today. What a gorgeous morning!! We cleared the big tree down on Blue. On our way in and out on Blue we trimmed and removed trees that were clearly ready to drop. We cleaned up the entrance to Grail trail and removed several trees that were hanging there. We then walked the red loop trail east of the East picnic area. Cut an opening thru the big tree that is down and improved the log over option. I cleaned up the entrance to the Red loop trail. Now you can see the trail marker.
More pics to follow

IMG_20221102_095937.jpg

314408521_10160305252753774_2496098260806695581_n.jpg

Log over and go around on Red Loop
IMG_20221102_115314.jpg

314411598_10160305252833774_3153856379693116976_n.jpg

Last edited:

TAS

Got a report from BIG Al about some downed trees on Red trail. Mick & I got this one yesterday. The other tree is in the East Picnic area closed for hunting. We will attend to it on the weekend weather permitting.

TAS
Happy New Year!
IMG_0168.jpg
IMG_0172.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions